Join Anne-Marie Concepción for an in-depth discussion in this video Understanding what can and can't be converted from INDD to EPUB, part of InDesign CS6: EPUB Kindle and iPad.
So let's get down and actually start making some EPUBs.…I think one of the best ways of learning on how to create an EPUB from InDesign, starts…with you just essentially taking your existing print document or any document that you created…in InDesign and exporting it to EPUB and seeing what happens.…So I have a couple of documents open, one of them is called History of Art, which is…nicely designed book, a sample book, it's very short that has a Table of Contents, and…it's got a spread with some artwork.…
That says a little declaration here that I created myself, I don't if can tell.…And it has things like hyperlinks and footnotes and images in line, some with captions, some…are grouped, some aren't grouped, some of the images have no captions, headers and footers…and folios, in other words, a typical book for print, a long book.…I haven't done any special prep work on this file at all, and what we are going to do is…just export it to EPUB.…
So to do that go to File, down to Export, and here in the Format dropdown menu you will…
- Understanding the differences between ebook formats
- Best practices for InDesign file preparation
- Managing the content flow with Layout order and the Articles panel
- Using free InDesign scripts to automate EPUB productions
- Optimizing images, charts, and tables
- Opening and examining EPUB files
- Editing important CSS and HTML tags
- Including drop caps, pull quotes, and text wraps
- Enriching your EPUBs with video and embedded fonts
- Acquiring an ISBN for ebooks
- Converting EPUBs to Kindle format (MOBI and KF8)
- Distributing ebooks with resellers and aggregators
Skill Level Intermediate
Creating a Fixed-Layout EPUBwith Anne-Marie Concepción3h 17m Intermediate
InDesign CS6: Interactive Documentswith Mike Rankin5h 11m Intermediate
1. Ebook Overview
What is an ebook?13m 41s
2. EPUB Production Basics
3. Preparing an InDesign Publication for EPUB Export
4. Modifying Text and Images for EPUB Export
5. Optimizing Images for EPUB Export
6. Exporting to EPUB2 and EPUB3
7. Previewing and Validating EPUB Files
8. Editing EPUB Files for Functionality
9. Editing EPUB Files for Formatting
10. Converting an EPUB to Other Ebook Formats
11. Distributing Your Ebook
Next steps4m 52s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.