Join Anne-Marie Concepción for an in-depth discussion in this video Understanding the difference between an ebook and an EPUB, part of InDesign CC 2014: EPUBs.
…The fundamental thing to understand before we go…any further is what we mean by an e-book…in this channel, because an ebook can be many…things, and InDesign can create many kinds of e-books.…You can create a PDF e-book, I can export…this to PDF by going to the file Export menu.…You're choosing PDF, an interactive one, or a print one.…And there are many…PDF e-books for sale like websites so on.…Even at InDesign Secrets we sell a bunch of…PDF e-books, like this one called InDesign Secrets Top 40…Tips from our blog, and it has lots of great…tips that you can click through and read all about.…
And this is for sale.…You can also from InDesign, create a self running SWF digital book.…If you go to File and choose Export again and this time choose…Flash Player SWIF. You could do that.…This will only run on a website because there's no mobile devices that support…Flash really very well at all, but that is a digital e-book as well.…In this course, though, we're going to be talking…about a specific kind of e-book, called an e-pub.…
- Understanding the difference between an ebook and EPUB
- Creating an EPUB workspace in InDesign
- Managing the sequence of content
- Creating a table of contents for navigation
- Adding metadata
- Cleaning up text formatting
- Optimizing images for EPUB export
- Previewing and validating EPUB files
- Converting EPUBs to Kindle MOBI format
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 6/26/2014. What changed?
A: The author added and revised movies to reflect the June 2014 updates to InDesign's EPUB handling features, including fixed-layout support and EPUB exporting options.
Creating a Fixed-Layout EPUBwith Anne-Marie Concepción3h 17m Intermediate
InDesign CC 2014: Interactive Documentswith Mike Rankin3h 46m Intermediate
Word and InDesign: Integrationwith Anne-Marie Concepción3h 29m Intermediate
1. Understanding the Nature of EPUBs
2. Setting Up and Testing
3. Preparing the InDesign Publication for EPUB Export
4. Optimizing Text for EPUB Export
5. Optimizing Images for EPUB Export
6. Exporting InDesign to EPUB 2 and EPUB 3
7. Previewing and Validating EPUB Files
8. Converting the EPUB to Other Ebook Formats
Next steps5m 49s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.