Join Anne-Marie Concepción for an in-depth discussion in this video Specifying image resolution and appearance, part of InDesign CC: EPUB Fundamentals.
…Yu can place any kind of file into InDesign, as you know.…You can place a TIF, a layered PSD file, an AI file.…You can place PDF, another InDesign file in this InDesign file.…All of those linked and placed elements will be exported.…As a graphic in the EPUB by InDesign.…And we use the default settings in the EPUB…export dialog box. Let's take a look at this document.…
It's just a bunch of text with a picture of what, my other dog.…You saw Barkley, this is Bella, a little Tennessee coon hound mix.…And Bella.…Let's look at the Links panel. Right here, Bella closeup to.…The resolution is 72 pixels per inch.…Right now the effective resolution is 1,088.…Because I've scaled it down.…The original dimensions of this picture off my iPhone is this.…So, it's kind of a large image. It's probably.…
You know, 300 ppi letter size or something.…We would not want to export the original, this size.…This is way too big.…So, we are going to have InDesign down sample the image when it exports.…And you do that when you export to EPUB. So, I'll press Cmd or Ctrl+E.…
- Understanding the difference between an ebook and EPUB
- Creating an EPUB workspace in InDesign
- Managing the sequence of content
- Creating a table of contents for navigation
- Adding metadata
- Cleaning up text formatting
- Optimizing images for EPUB export
- Previewing and validating EPUB files
- Converting EPUBs to Kindle MOBI format
Skill Level Beginner
Creating a Fixed-Layout EPUBwith Anne-Marie Concepción3h 18m Intermediate
InDesign CC: Interactive Document Fundamentals (2014)with Mike Rankin3h 47m Intermediate
Using Word and InDesign Togetherwith Anne-Marie Concepción3h 30m Intermediate
1. Understanding the Nature of EPUBs
2. Setting Up and Testing
3. Preparing the InDesign Publication for EPUB Export
4. Optimizing Text for EPUB Export
5. Optimizing Images for EPUB Export
6. Exporting InDesign to EPUB 2 and EPUB 3
7. Previewing and Validating EPUB Files
8. Converting the EPUB to Other Ebook Formats
Next steps5m 49s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.