Join Anne-Marie Concepción for an in-depth discussion in this video Setting up line, margin, and paragraph spacing, part of InDesign CS6 to EPUB, Kindle, and iPad.
I want to show you how simple it can be to change some of the spacing in your EPUB, and …if you have never edited any kind of CSS or HTML file, I think you'll find this very approachable. …In this video we're going to use this very simple text document that has a lot of the …text from Art History, just a few pages long, with a few paragraph and character styles. …I have already exported it to EPUB and expanded that on my desktop. …It's just one file, I didn't split it up or anything, and I'm going to open it up in Dreamweaver.…
It opens up in Split view because this is the last view that I used in Dreamweaver. …We see on the left the source code, the HTML code, we see on the right a preview, it's …not the live preview, it's what's called the Design preview, so we're still seeing some …elements that are Dreamweaver-specific. …If I click on Live, then we can get rid of that, and it's a little closer to what an …EPUB would actually show us. …Now say, for example, that you export to EPUB, you make some changes, you look at it on your …
- Understanding the differences between ebook formats
- Best practices for InDesign file preparation
- Managing the content flow with Layout order and the Articles panel
- Using free InDesign scripts to automate EPUB productions
- Optimizing images, charts, and tables
- Opening and examining EPUB files
- Editing important CSS and HTML tags
- Including drop caps, pull quotes, and text wraps
- Enriching your EPUBs with video and embedded fonts
- Acquiring an ISBN for ebooks
- Converting EPUBs to Kindle format (MOBI and KF8)
- Distributing ebooks with resellers and aggregators
Skill Level Intermediate
Creating a Fixed-Layout EPUBwith Anne-Marie Concepción3h 18m Intermediate
InDesign CS6 New Featureswith Anne-Marie Concepción3h 21m Appropriate for all
InDesign CS6: Interactive Documentswith Mike Rankin5h 11m Intermediate
1. Ebook Overview
What is an ebook?13m 41s
2. EPUB Production Basics
3. Preparing an InDesign Publication for EPUB Export
4. Modifying Text and Images for EPUB Export
5. Optimizing Images for EPUB Export
6. Exporting to EPUB2 and EPUB3
7. Previewing and Validating EPUB Files
8. Editing EPUB Files for Functionality
9. Editing EPUB Files for Formatting
10. Converting an EPUB to Other Ebook Formats
11. Distributing Your Ebook
Next steps4m 52s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.