Join Anne-Marie Concepción for an in-depth discussion in this video Setting image position controls, part of InDesign CS6: EPUB Kindle and iPad.
When you have an image that's just floating on the page, it's not anchored in any text…string like how this image is--just, you know, all by itself floating on the page--and you're…exporting this thing to EPUB, how does InDesign know where to put the image?…Now if you were watching any of the previous chapters you know where in the text flow it…will appear. If you're exporting according to layout order, it will go according to where…the frame in the left to right or top to bottom on the page, or if you're exporting according…to the Articles panel, which I have already set up for this document.…
Mainly because I have two pages, we're going to look at Page 2 in a second.…To be able to export to EPUB, just a portion of the InDesign document is you see me do…in another videos a cool tip is to divvy them up into articles so that you can turn off…Page 2 and turn on Page 1.…So here you can see that there is a text frame and a text frame, and in the middle is our…friend, the letter A.…So that's going to be the order that it exports, but what I'm talking about is the position of the item.…
- Understanding the differences between ebook formats
- Best practices for InDesign file preparation
- Managing the content flow with Layout order and the Articles panel
- Using free InDesign scripts to automate EPUB productions
- Optimizing images, charts, and tables
- Opening and examining EPUB files
- Editing important CSS and HTML tags
- Including drop caps, pull quotes, and text wraps
- Enriching your EPUBs with video and embedded fonts
- Acquiring an ISBN for ebooks
- Converting EPUBs to Kindle format (MOBI and KF8)
- Distributing ebooks with resellers and aggregators
Skill Level Intermediate
Creating a Fixed-Layout EPUBwith Anne-Marie Concepción3h 17m Intermediate
InDesign CS6: Interactive Documentswith Mike Rankin5h 11m Intermediate
1. Ebook Overview
What is an ebook?13m 41s
2. EPUB Production Basics
3. Preparing an InDesign Publication for EPUB Export
4. Modifying Text and Images for EPUB Export
5. Optimizing Images for EPUB Export
6. Exporting to EPUB2 and EPUB3
7. Previewing and Validating EPUB Files
8. Editing EPUB Files for Functionality
9. Editing EPUB Files for Formatting
10. Converting an EPUB to Other Ebook Formats
11. Distributing Your Ebook
Next steps4m 52s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.