Join Anne-Marie Concepción for an in-depth discussion in this video Setting image position controls, part of InDesign CC 2014: EPUBs.
…You were looking a Bella again, and we're…going to talk about image positioning in your ePub.…If you have an image that's just floating on the page.…It's not anchored in the text flow, like this image.…You can look at the blue control box. There's no anchor icon in there.…Then, setting the position is pretty straightforward.…Going to go ahead and export this to ePub.…ePub3.…Default settings for general but under image.…Let me change this back to 150 that's from the previous video.…
Let's set it to align in the center, and…it's going to change size relative to text log.…That's fine.…I'm looking at position right now.…So there it is centered even though it is left-aligned here.…If we want it to appear right above Films About Dogs, then…when we export to ePub, we set it to left-aligned.…So, you might be wondering how come there's this space below here.…And that's because, take a look at this paragraph, films about dogs.…
Even though it's the first paragraph, in the text frame.…It does have a space above 11 points.…
- Understanding the difference between an ebook and EPUB
- Creating an EPUB workspace in InDesign
- Managing the sequence of content
- Creating a table of contents for navigation
- Adding metadata
- Cleaning up text formatting
- Optimizing images for EPUB export
- Previewing and validating EPUB files
- Converting EPUBs to Kindle MOBI format
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 6/26/2014. What changed?
A: The author added and revised movies to reflect the June 2014 updates to InDesign's EPUB handling features, including fixed-layout support and EPUB exporting options.
Creating a Fixed-Layout EPUBwith Anne-Marie Concepción3h 17m Intermediate
InDesign CC 2014: Interactive Documentswith Mike Rankin3h 46m Intermediate
Word and InDesign: Integrationwith Anne-Marie Concepción3h 29m Intermediate
1. Understanding the Nature of EPUBs
2. Setting Up and Testing
3. Preparing the InDesign Publication for EPUB Export
4. Optimizing Text for EPUB Export
5. Optimizing Images for EPUB Export
6. Exporting InDesign to EPUB 2 and EPUB 3
7. Previewing and Validating EPUB Files
8. Converting the EPUB to Other Ebook Formats
Next steps5m 49s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.