Join Anne-Marie Concepción for an in-depth discussion in this video Selling from your own website or ecommerce site, part of InDesign CS6: EPUB Kindle and iPad.
You know what? You don't have to be a genius programmer to sell your own EPUBs on your own website.…There are lots of companies out there that will tie into your WordPress site or your…static site or whatever kind of website you are running that can handle the sales of your digital eBooks.…Any site that provides software sales for small developers can also sell eBooks.…Let me show you a couple of these services and some publishers who are already taking advantage of them.…Like, for example, this site called mycommerce.com that I know of as Esellerate has been around…for years, and it's extremely robust site that lets you upload files for people to download.…
And then you can either create a store using Esellerate with hooks into it from your own…website, or you can integrate their code in your website.…They give you monthly reports, they do automatic transfers to your bank accounts as sales are…done, they take care of sales tax, and they just take as you can see a small fee from every sale.…7.9% is a lot better than 30%, right?…
- Understanding the differences between ebook formats
- Best practices for InDesign file preparation
- Managing the content flow with Layout order and the Articles panel
- Using free InDesign scripts to automate EPUB productions
- Optimizing images, charts, and tables
- Opening and examining EPUB files
- Editing important CSS and HTML tags
- Including drop caps, pull quotes, and text wraps
- Enriching your EPUBs with video and embedded fonts
- Acquiring an ISBN for ebooks
- Converting EPUBs to Kindle format (MOBI and KF8)
- Distributing ebooks with resellers and aggregators
Skill Level Intermediate
Creating a Fixed-Layout EPUBwith Anne-Marie Concepción3h 17m Intermediate
InDesign CS6 New Featureswith Anne-Marie Concepción3h 21m Appropriate for all
InDesign CS6: Interactive Documentswith Mike Rankin5h 11m Intermediate
1. Ebook Overview
What is an ebook?13m 41s
2. EPUB Production Basics
3. Preparing an InDesign Publication for EPUB Export
4. Modifying Text and Images for EPUB Export
5. Optimizing Images for EPUB Export
6. Exporting to EPUB2 and EPUB3
7. Previewing and Validating EPUB Files
8. Editing EPUB Files for Functionality
9. Editing EPUB Files for Formatting
10. Converting an EPUB to Other Ebook Formats
11. Distributing Your Ebook
Next steps4m 52s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.