Join Anne-Marie Concepción for an in-depth discussion in this video Reviewing object and image-conversion options, part of InDesign CC: EPUB Fundamentals.
…The Object panel and the Convergence Settings panel,…tell InDesign what to do with any kind of rasterized objects like images,…where things that you have rasterized from the Object> Export Options dialog box.…They are split into two panels, so that it's a little easier to deal with.…Let's look at the Object panel first.…Under the Object panel, we have two choices, Preserve Appearance from Layout,…which is the default, or Use Existing Image for Graphic Objects.…95% of the time you want to keep this one selected, Preserve Appearance from Layout.…
That means that after you've brought in, an original image, if you want InDesign to…export it with the same kind of scaling and cropping, rotation, drop shadow,…that kind of thing, then it should Preserve Appearance from Layout.…If you choose Use Existing Image for Graphic Objects, that would be true if you…have optimized your JPEGs and your GIFs and your PNGs and gotten them in at 100%.…And you don't want InDesign to process those,…to resample those at all, then you choose Use Existing Image for Graphic Objects.…
- Understanding the difference between an ebook and EPUB
- Creating an EPUB workspace in InDesign
- Managing the sequence of content
- Creating a table of contents for navigation
- Adding metadata
- Cleaning up text formatting
- Optimizing images for EPUB export
- Previewing and validating EPUB files
- Converting EPUBs to Kindle MOBI format
Skill Level Beginner
Creating a Fixed-Layout EPUBwith Anne-Marie Concepción3h 18m Intermediate
InDesign CC: Interactive Document Fundamentals (2014)with Mike Rankin3h 47m Intermediate
Using Word and InDesign Togetherwith Anne-Marie Concepción3h 30m Intermediate
1. Understanding the Nature of EPUBs
2. Setting Up and Testing
3. Preparing the InDesign Publication for EPUB Export
4. Optimizing Text for EPUB Export
5. Optimizing Images for EPUB Export
6. Exporting InDesign to EPUB 2 and EPUB 3
7. Previewing and Validating EPUB Files
8. Converting the EPUB to Other Ebook Formats
Next steps5m 49s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.