Join Anne-Marie Concepción for an in-depth discussion in this video Previewing for the iBooks app, part of InDesign CS6: EPUB Kindle and iPad.
It's killing me that after all these years of doing EPUBs for iBooks that Apple still…has not released any kind of software that runs on the desktop for Mac or Windows that…lets you proof what your eBook will look like in iBooks.…Kindle has that software, the Kindle app for the Mac or Windows, and so does the NOOK, and…so does Kobo and many other devices, even Sony has a reader, but iBooks does not.…If you go to the App store, and you type in EPUB--which I do probably at least once a week…to see what's new from Apple regarding EPUBs or any developers who are listing there--always…searching for one called iBook Preview or iBook for Mac, but no, it's not there.…
Lots of other very interesting ones that you should take a look at when you get a chance.…The closest thing that we see that has iBooks in the title is iBooks Author, which is another program entirely.…It's for creating eBooks in the iBooks format.…And I know that it gets very confusing, but it has nothing to do with proofing your EPUBs…in the iBooks app for iOS.…
- Understanding the differences between ebook formats
- Best practices for InDesign file preparation
- Managing the content flow with Layout order and the Articles panel
- Using free InDesign scripts to automate EPUB productions
- Optimizing images, charts, and tables
- Opening and examining EPUB files
- Editing important CSS and HTML tags
- Including drop caps, pull quotes, and text wraps
- Enriching your EPUBs with video and embedded fonts
- Acquiring an ISBN for ebooks
- Converting EPUBs to Kindle format (MOBI and KF8)
- Distributing ebooks with resellers and aggregators
Skill Level Intermediate
Creating a Fixed-Layout EPUBwith Anne-Marie Concepción3h 17m Intermediate
InDesign CS6 New Featureswith Anne-Marie Concepción3h 21m Appropriate for all
InDesign CS6: Interactive Documentswith Mike Rankin5h 11m Intermediate
1. Ebook Overview
What is an ebook?13m 41s
2. EPUB Production Basics
3. Preparing an InDesign Publication for EPUB Export
4. Modifying Text and Images for EPUB Export
5. Optimizing Images for EPUB Export
6. Exporting to EPUB2 and EPUB3
7. Previewing and Validating EPUB Files
8. Editing EPUB Files for Functionality
9. Editing EPUB Files for Formatting
10. Converting an EPUB to Other Ebook Formats
11. Distributing Your Ebook
Next steps4m 52s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.