Join Anne-Marie Concepción for an in-depth discussion in this video Previewing for the iBooks app, part of InDesign CC: EPUB Fundamentals.
…In the InDesign 2 EPUB workflow, if you recall, the idea is…that you go from InDesign to a rough proof and back and, and repeat.…Rinse and repeat until a rough proof and ADE or in Firefox's EPUB reader, whatever.…Your desktop EPUB reader that you basically…have all the content in the, in there.…The nav toc is working.…All the pictures are in the right place and…so on.…The next step after that would be that…you need to proof on your client's actual devices.…
Very few people actually use ADE to read the EPUBs.…They're going to use Kindle or they're going to…use an iPad or an iPhone or a Nook.…Or Galaxy Tab or something like that.…You need to find out what kind of devices your…readers, if you're a publisher are going to be using.…Or if you're somebody who's developing this for a client.…Ask them which devices should you optimize it for?…Most professional ebook developers, have at least two or…three different reading devices and a couple versions of those.…
And we don't have time to talk about how to proof on all those devices.…
- Understanding the difference between an ebook and EPUB
- Creating an EPUB workspace in InDesign
- Managing the sequence of content
- Creating a table of contents for navigation
- Adding metadata
- Cleaning up text formatting
- Optimizing images for EPUB export
- Previewing and validating EPUB files
- Converting EPUBs to Kindle MOBI format
Skill Level Beginner
Creating a Fixed-Layout EPUBwith Anne-Marie Concepción3h 18m Intermediate
InDesign CC: Interactive Document Fundamentals (2014)with Mike Rankin3h 47m Intermediate
Using Word and InDesign Togetherwith Anne-Marie Concepción3h 30m Intermediate
1. Understanding the Nature of EPUBs
2. Setting Up and Testing
3. Preparing the InDesign Publication for EPUB Export
4. Optimizing Text for EPUB Export
5. Optimizing Images for EPUB Export
6. Exporting InDesign to EPUB 2 and EPUB 3
7. Previewing and Validating EPUB Files
8. Converting the EPUB to Other Ebook Formats
Next steps5m 49s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.