Join Anne-Marie Concepción for an in-depth discussion in this video Previewing EPUBs on your computer, part of InDesign CS6: EPUB Kindle and iPad.
Did you know that almost half of all eBook readers read eBooks on their computer as opposed…to a dedicated eReader or a Tablet or a smartphone?…Well, that's according to some recent research by the Pew Research Centers Internet and the American life Project.…42% of the respondents said that they read eBooks on their computer.…So it's always a good idea when you are creating EPUBs to preview them in a software program…that runs on your computer as opposed to previewing them in iBooks or on the Kindle.…
Now I will be talking about previewing for iBooks in the next video and talking about…all the different apps that you can use to preview for Kindle in the chapter where I…talk about Kindle and converting your EPUB for other platforms.…But I want to run through some of the major software programs that you can try and download…to your Mac or PC to check out the EPUBs that you are creating, both for EPUB 2, and I'll…show you a couple that will work for EPUB 3 as well.…The one that we have been working with in most of the videos is this, what we're looking…
- Understanding the differences between ebook formats
- Best practices for InDesign file preparation
- Managing the content flow with Layout order and the Articles panel
- Using free InDesign scripts to automate EPUB productions
- Optimizing images, charts, and tables
- Opening and examining EPUB files
- Editing important CSS and HTML tags
- Including drop caps, pull quotes, and text wraps
- Enriching your EPUBs with video and embedded fonts
- Acquiring an ISBN for ebooks
- Converting EPUBs to Kindle format (MOBI and KF8)
- Distributing ebooks with resellers and aggregators
Skill Level Intermediate
Creating a Fixed-Layout EPUBwith Anne-Marie Concepción3h 17m Intermediate
InDesign CS6: Interactive Documentswith Mike Rankin5h 11m Intermediate
1. Ebook Overview
What is an ebook?13m 41s
2. EPUB Production Basics
3. Preparing an InDesign Publication for EPUB Export
4. Modifying Text and Images for EPUB Export
5. Optimizing Images for EPUB Export
6. Exporting to EPUB2 and EPUB3
7. Previewing and Validating EPUB Files
8. Editing EPUB Files for Functionality
9. Editing EPUB Files for Formatting
10. Converting an EPUB to Other Ebook Formats
11. Distributing Your Ebook
Next steps4m 52s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.