Join Anne-Marie Concepción for an in-depth discussion in this video Previewing EPUBs on your computer, part of InDesign CC 2014: EPUBs.
…Throughout this course, I've always mentioned turned…on this check box at the bottom.…View E-Pub after exporting.…But which program ,will In Design open to view that E-Pub?…90% of the time you're going to want to use Adobe Digital Editions for that.…And as I mentioned earlier, that doesn't come installed by default.…With any Adobe product you have to download it as a separate download.…Both the mac and windows users will need to go to the website ,so if you…just do a search for Adobe digital editions…or just digital editions you'll end up here.…
At their homepage, The next chapter for eBooks.…ADE though it's not the best EPUB proffer in the world, is a very common EPUB…app because if you check out or download, eh, an eBook from a library, you need to…register it through ADE.…It uses ,ah, it's tied into the Adobe Digital rights…management server up in the sky, and the same thing is…true if you are trying to get a book that you…downloaded from the Nook store for example onto your Nook device.…
It wants it to register with ADE.…
- Understanding the difference between an ebook and EPUB
- Creating an EPUB workspace in InDesign
- Managing the sequence of content
- Creating a table of contents for navigation
- Adding metadata
- Cleaning up text formatting
- Optimizing images for EPUB export
- Previewing and validating EPUB files
- Converting EPUBs to Kindle MOBI format
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 6/26/2014. What changed?
A: The author added and revised movies to reflect the June 2014 updates to InDesign's EPUB handling features, including fixed-layout support and EPUB exporting options.
Creating a Fixed-Layout EPUBwith Anne-Marie Concepción3h 17m Intermediate
InDesign CC 2014: Interactive Documentswith Mike Rankin3h 46m Intermediate
Word and InDesign: Integrationwith Anne-Marie Concepción3h 29m Intermediate
1. Understanding the Nature of EPUBs
2. Setting Up and Testing
3. Preparing the InDesign Publication for EPUB Export
4. Optimizing Text for EPUB Export
5. Optimizing Images for EPUB Export
6. Exporting InDesign to EPUB 2 and EPUB 3
7. Previewing and Validating EPUB Files
8. Converting the EPUB to Other Ebook Formats
Next steps5m 49s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.