Join Anne-Marie Concepción for an in-depth discussion in this video Preparing tables for optimal conversion, part of InDesign CS6: EPUB Kindle and iPad.
The good news is that with InDesign CS6 you get much more information in your tables when…you export to EPUB than you ever did before.…I have here a document with two versions of the same table, except one has little bit more…formatting than the other. And also, this one on page one has been formatted manually, so…this is all basic paragraph overrides, it is using the Table setting. Let me select…the Table, and we zoom in a bit to make a little easier to select.…I will just right-click and choose Select > Table, and if we look up here under Table…Options, it has Alternating Fills, but it has not been saved as a Table Style, there…is no cell styles. Let's actually open that up, if you go to the Window menu and go down…to Type & Tables, choose Table, you get a grouped panel that has Table settings that…you normally just use right up here in the Control Panel when you have something in the…table selected but also a Table Styles and Cell Styles. And if you work with a lot of…tables in your documents, you probably want to add them to your EPUB workspace.…
- Understanding the differences between ebook formats
- Best practices for InDesign file preparation
- Managing the content flow with Layout order and the Articles panel
- Using free InDesign scripts to automate EPUB productions
- Optimizing images, charts, and tables
- Opening and examining EPUB files
- Editing important CSS and HTML tags
- Including drop caps, pull quotes, and text wraps
- Enriching your EPUBs with video and embedded fonts
- Acquiring an ISBN for ebooks
- Converting EPUBs to Kindle format (MOBI and KF8)
- Distributing ebooks with resellers and aggregators
Skill Level Intermediate
Creating a Fixed-Layout EPUBwith Anne-Marie Concepción3h 18m Intermediate
InDesign CS6 New Featureswith Anne-Marie Concepción3h 21m Appropriate for all
InDesign CS6: Interactive Documentswith Mike Rankin5h 11m Intermediate
1. Ebook Overview
What is an ebook?13m 41s
2. EPUB Production Basics
3. Preparing an InDesign Publication for EPUB Export
4. Modifying Text and Images for EPUB Export
5. Optimizing Images for EPUB Export
6. Exporting to EPUB2 and EPUB3
7. Previewing and Validating EPUB Files
8. Editing EPUB Files for Functionality
9. Editing EPUB Files for Formatting
10. Converting an EPUB to Other Ebook Formats
11. Distributing Your Ebook
Next steps4m 52s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.