Join Anne-Marie Concepción for an in-depth discussion in this video Preparing tables for optimal conversion, part of InDesign CC: EPUB Fundamentals.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
…In end design tables are already anchored in the text flow, so there's one less…chore that we have to do before we export to ePub, and in general, basic tables…make it through fine to ePub because, an ePub is a website, and there is support…in HTML and CSS for tables, and table cells, and rows, and columns, and so on.…Not everything that you can do in InDesign though gets translated…100% to the ePub, and that's what this video…is all about, i want to show you some tips.…
So, our test document right here has three versions of the same table.…We have a regular one done man formatted manually, let me zoom…in a bit so we can see it, 4 columns, 4 rows.…We have a header row.…All of the formatting of both the text and the rows,…and the colors were done manually as I said.…So we have alternating rows here, because I went to table options.…Alternating fills and set that up.…But it's not part of a table style or anything like that.…
And then on page 2, we have the table, only this time, it looks a litlte nicer.…And I spent a litlte more time with by…
- Understanding the difference between an ebook and EPUB
- Creating an EPUB workspace in InDesign
- Managing the sequence of content
- Creating a table of contents for navigation
- Adding metadata
- Cleaning up text formatting
- Optimizing images for EPUB export
- Previewing and validating EPUB files
- Converting EPUBs to Kindle MOBI format
Skill Level Beginner
Creating a Fixed-Layout EPUBwith Anne-Marie Concepción3h 18m Intermediate
InDesign CC: Interactive Document Fundamentals (2014)with Mike Rankin3h 47m Intermediate
Using Word and InDesign Togetherwith Anne-Marie Concepción3h 30m Intermediate
1. Understanding the Nature of EPUBs
2. Setting Up and Testing
3. Preparing the InDesign Publication for EPUB Export
4. Optimizing Text for EPUB Export
5. Optimizing Images for EPUB Export
6. Exporting InDesign to EPUB 2 and EPUB 3
7. Previewing and Validating EPUB Files
8. Converting the EPUB to Other Ebook Formats
Next steps5m 49s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.