Join Anne-Marie Concepción for an in-depth discussion in this video Optimizing EPUBs for specific devices, part of InDesign CC 2014: EPUBs.
…For most of this course, I've been talking about creating…an EPub from InDesign and optimizing it for the iPad.…We were proofing on the iPad.…I talked about various settings that the, Apple requires for iPad images and so on.…But iPad is not the only game out there.…We did talk about working with the Kindle, in this chapter.…But there might be some tweaks that you want to…make to your inDesign file before you export to…the Kindle plug in or before you export to ePub and convert it with Kindle previewer.…
And there are other manufacturers as well.…Like there is the, Nook.…There's the Cobal. There's a bunch of other ones.…Now you might think, You know, who uses…Well, was actually the top-selling e-reader in Canada…which is a huge market and as well as many other countries in Europe and has…a line of wonderful e-reader devices that you should check out and get at least one.…For your testing bed.…All of these manufacturers have standardized on Epub 2, many…of them at Epub 3, as of this recording as well.…
At least basic Epub 3, but some of them have little idiosyncrasies like…
- Understanding the difference between an ebook and EPUB
- Creating an EPUB workspace in InDesign
- Managing the sequence of content
- Creating a table of contents for navigation
- Adding metadata
- Cleaning up text formatting
- Optimizing images for EPUB export
- Previewing and validating EPUB files
- Converting EPUBs to Kindle MOBI format
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 6/26/2014. What changed?
A: The author added and revised movies to reflect the June 2014 updates to InDesign's EPUB handling features, including fixed-layout support and EPUB exporting options.
Creating a Fixed-Layout EPUBwith Anne-Marie Concepción3h 18m Intermediate
InDesign CC 2014: Interactive Documentswith Mike Rankin3h 47m Intermediate
Word and InDesign: Integrationwith Anne-Marie Concepción3h 30m Intermediate
1. Understanding the Nature of EPUBs
2. Setting Up and Testing
3. Preparing the InDesign Publication for EPUB Export
4. Optimizing Text for EPUB Export
5. Optimizing Images for EPUB Export
6. Exporting InDesign to EPUB 2 and EPUB 3
7. Previewing and Validating EPUB Files
8. Converting the EPUB to Other Ebook Formats
Next steps5m 49s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.