Join Anne-Marie Concepción for an in-depth discussion in this video Next steps, part of InDesign CS6: EPUB Kindle and iPad.
Unlike a software program, you actually have to constantly be checking every day for new…stuff that's happening in our field of EPUBs and digital eBook production in general.…So I'm going to show you a few of my highly- recommended sites that you should be checking in order…to keep up and learn new features and get answers to your questions.…First of all, please follow me at InDesignSecrets.com. This is the blog and podcast that I co-host…with business partner David Blatner, who is an InDesign Guru and has done many titles…here at lynda.com as well.…
We do often publish more information about EPUBs and what's happening with InDesign as…far as EPUB production is concerned.…We have a sister site run by Matthew Diener who is a genius when it comes to eBook production…and distribution called ePUBSecrets.com, and you can see he is writing some high-end stuff…about MathML Support, Reviewing EPUB Myths, talking about conferences coming up.…So check out ePUBSecrets and follow that one as well.…One of the best ways to get information is by going to the mobileread.com/forums, click…
- Understanding the differences between ebook formats
- Best practices for InDesign file preparation
- Managing the content flow with Layout order and the Articles panel
- Using free InDesign scripts to automate EPUB productions
- Optimizing images, charts, and tables
- Opening and examining EPUB files
- Editing important CSS and HTML tags
- Including drop caps, pull quotes, and text wraps
- Enriching your EPUBs with video and embedded fonts
- Acquiring an ISBN for ebooks
- Converting EPUBs to Kindle format (MOBI and KF8)
- Distributing ebooks with resellers and aggregators
Skill Level Intermediate
Creating a Fixed-Layout EPUBwith Anne-Marie Concepción3h 17m Intermediate
InDesign CS6 New Featureswith Anne-Marie Concepción3h 21m Appropriate for all
InDesign CS6: Interactive Documentswith Mike Rankin5h 11m Intermediate
1. Ebook Overview
What is an ebook?13m 41s
2. EPUB Production Basics
3. Preparing an InDesign Publication for EPUB Export
4. Modifying Text and Images for EPUB Export
5. Optimizing Images for EPUB Export
6. Exporting to EPUB2 and EPUB3
7. Previewing and Validating EPUB Files
8. Editing EPUB Files for Functionality
9. Editing EPUB Files for Formatting
10. Converting an EPUB to Other Ebook Formats
11. Distributing Your Ebook
Next steps4m 52s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.