Join Anne-Marie Concepción for an in-depth discussion in this video Next steps, part of InDesign CC: EPUB Fundamentals.
…They tell me that nobody listens to the last movie in these titles.…So, if your listening to me, dear…listener, dear subscriber, thank you so much.…And in gratitude, I'll reveal to you, my best…secrets for, how to learn more about this field?…And how to keep up, in other words, how I've learned it?…I get the crucial time, how do you know this stuff?…Because, there are no books or other videos that I'm watching.…And the answer is these sources that I'm going to show you right now.…And if you start visiting those sources, you will see me posting…and haunting them every day and we can get to know each other.…
The first one, the best one, is Twitter.…Now, I know that you might not like Twitter.…I'm a fan.…Got a couple of Twitter titles here on lynda.com.…But you don't have to even be a member of…twitter to get good information about ebook production from it.…Just go to…twitter.com and do a search for the hashtag eprdctn for ebook production.…Alright?…When you do that and it strings it out like this, do search for e-production.…
- Understanding the difference between an ebook and EPUB
- Creating an EPUB workspace in InDesign
- Managing the sequence of content
- Creating a table of contents for navigation
- Adding metadata
- Cleaning up text formatting
- Optimizing images for EPUB export
- Previewing and validating EPUB files
- Converting EPUBs to Kindle MOBI format
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 6/26/2014. What changed?
A: The author added and revised movies to reflect the June 2014 updates to InDesign's EPUB handling features, including fixed-layout support and EPUB exporting options.
Creating a Fixed-Layout EPUBwith Anne-Marie Concepción3h 18m Intermediate
InDesign CC: Interactive Document Fundamentals (2014)with Mike Rankin3h 47m Intermediate
Using Word and InDesign Togetherwith Anne-Marie Concepción3h 30m Intermediate
1. Understanding the Nature of EPUBs
2. Setting Up and Testing
3. Preparing the InDesign Publication for EPUB Export
4. Optimizing Text for EPUB Export
5. Optimizing Images for EPUB Export
6. Exporting InDesign to EPUB 2 and EPUB 3
7. Previewing and Validating EPUB Files
8. Converting the EPUB to Other Ebook Formats
Next steps5m 49s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.