Join Anne-Marie Concepción for an in-depth discussion in this video Mapping text styles to HTML and CSS tags, part of InDesign CC: EPUB Fundamentals.
…In-design has a really powerful feature for e-book developers.…That's not really I guess could be classed as a fundamental of In-design to e-pub.…But I really feel a need to show you how this works.…Because I think that you would find it extremely useful even if you're…never going to crack open the epub to edit via html and CSS.…And that feature is the ability to map your paragraph and character styles to…HTML and CSS tags.…It's as easy as editing any paragraph or character style.…
First, let's make sure that we understand the basics…of what's happening even if we don't do that.…When you export to e-pub In-design…converts these paragraph and character styles.…Two css cascading styles in one document called the css file.…And then inside…the html file that it creates that has…the content each entry, every paragraph, every subhead,…every character style is pre, surrounded by tags…that call on the name of that css style.…
Let's take a quick peek to see how that works.…I'll export this to e-pub.…And, we'll just leave everything at the default.…
- Understanding the difference between an ebook and EPUB
- Creating an EPUB workspace in InDesign
- Managing the sequence of content
- Creating a table of contents for navigation
- Adding metadata
- Cleaning up text formatting
- Optimizing images for EPUB export
- Previewing and validating EPUB files
- Converting EPUBs to Kindle MOBI format
Skill Level Beginner
Creating a Fixed-Layout EPUBwith Anne-Marie Concepción3h 18m Intermediate
InDesign CC: Interactive Document Fundamentals (2014)with Mike Rankin3h 47m Intermediate
Using Word and InDesign Togetherwith Anne-Marie Concepción3h 30m Intermediate
1. Understanding the Nature of EPUBs
2. Setting Up and Testing
3. Preparing the InDesign Publication for EPUB Export
4. Optimizing Text for EPUB Export
5. Optimizing Images for EPUB Export
6. Exporting InDesign to EPUB 2 and EPUB 3
7. Previewing and Validating EPUB Files
8. Converting the EPUB to Other Ebook Formats
Next steps5m 49s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.