Join Anne-Marie Concepción for an in-depth discussion in this video Mapping paragraph styles to CSS tags, part of InDesign CS6 to EPUB, Kindle, and iPad.
I want to talk about a very cool feature that InDesign CS6 has, it actually was added I believe in 5.5.…It's a little advanced for this title, but I think that those of you who have been creating…EPUBs already from InDesign or who know a bit about HTML or CSS or perhaps you're blessed…with a coworker who knows a lot about HTML and CSS.…I think you'll be very interested in this feature.…It's called mapping styles to CSS text.…Let's see what the problem is and why you would use that feature to help solve the problem.…
We have here very simple one-page document or we don't have any local formatting, and…we have a few different paragraph styles and character styles, okay.…Let's just go-ahead and export this to EPUB. I'll press Command or Ctrl +E.…We'll going to export it right to the desktop.…I already have a file there that we're going to replace that's perfectly fine.…We will leave everything at the default except here we don't need a local overrides or embeddable fonts.…So just CSS, Include Style Definitions, okay.…
- Understanding the differences between ebook formats
- Best practices for InDesign file preparation
- Managing the content flow with Layout order and the Articles panel
- Using free InDesign scripts to automate EPUB productions
- Optimizing images, charts, and tables
- Opening and examining EPUB files
- Editing important CSS and HTML tags
- Including drop caps, pull quotes, and text wraps
- Enriching your EPUBs with video and embedded fonts
- Acquiring an ISBN for ebooks
- Converting EPUBs to Kindle format (MOBI and KF8)
- Distributing ebooks with resellers and aggregators
Skill Level Intermediate
Creating a Fixed-Layout EPUBwith Anne-Marie Concepción3h 18m Intermediate
InDesign CS6 New Featureswith Anne-Marie Concepción3h 21m Appropriate for all
InDesign CS6: Interactive Documentswith Mike Rankin5h 11m Intermediate
1. Ebook Overview
What is an ebook?13m 41s
2. EPUB Production Basics
3. Preparing an InDesign Publication for EPUB Export
4. Modifying Text and Images for EPUB Export
5. Optimizing Images for EPUB Export
6. Exporting to EPUB2 and EPUB3
7. Previewing and Validating EPUB Files
8. Editing EPUB Files for Functionality
9. Editing EPUB Files for Formatting
10. Converting an EPUB to Other Ebook Formats
11. Distributing Your Ebook
Next steps4m 52s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.