Join Anne-Marie Concepción for an in-depth discussion in this video Managing the sequence of content, part of InDesign CS6: EPUB Kindle and iPad.
Let's work with another document for change of pace, because you know it's not just long…books that get exported to EPUB, you can export any InDesign documents to EPUB.…And, for example, here is one that's more brochure like, this is just a single page…from a course catalog for Roux Academy of Arts, Media & Design.…What I want to show you here is I wanted a page that had a lot of frames on it because…it's something that you really need to think about when you are prepping your InDesign…document for EPUB export. And that is what will the order be of these frames in the resulting EPUB?…I said in an earlier video that when you export from InDesign to EPUB, it's kind of like exporting…everything to a single word document with images and all art elements that float along with the text.…
But InDesign layouts are not, you know single flowable documents.…Some frames might be anchored but many others are just sitting there, you have frames that…are overlapping other frames, you have frames with text wrap on them like this one of my…
- Understanding the differences between ebook formats
- Best practices for InDesign file preparation
- Managing the content flow with Layout order and the Articles panel
- Using free InDesign scripts to automate EPUB productions
- Optimizing images, charts, and tables
- Opening and examining EPUB files
- Editing important CSS and HTML tags
- Including drop caps, pull quotes, and text wraps
- Enriching your EPUBs with video and embedded fonts
- Acquiring an ISBN for ebooks
- Converting EPUBs to Kindle format (MOBI and KF8)
- Distributing ebooks with resellers and aggregators
Skill Level Intermediate
Creating a Fixed-Layout EPUBwith Anne-Marie Concepción3h 18m Intermediate
InDesign CS6 New Featureswith Anne-Marie Concepción3h 21m Appropriate for all
InDesign CS6: Interactive Documentswith Mike Rankin5h 11m Intermediate
1. Ebook Overview
What is an ebook?13m 41s
2. EPUB Production Basics
3. Preparing an InDesign Publication for EPUB Export
4. Modifying Text and Images for EPUB Export
5. Optimizing Images for EPUB Export
6. Exporting to EPUB2 and EPUB3
7. Previewing and Validating EPUB Files
8. Editing EPUB Files for Functionality
9. Editing EPUB Files for Formatting
10. Converting an EPUB to Other Ebook Formats
11. Distributing Your Ebook
Next steps4m 52s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.