Join Anne-Marie Concepción for an in-depth discussion in this video Managing the sequence of content: Layout order, part of InDesign CC: EPUB Fundamentals.
…One of the steps in preparing your InDesign file for E-Pub export is…making sure that all the content exports in the order that you want.…Unfortunately it's not like a P D F.…What we're looking at right now if we export it to P…D F would look just like this in a P D F.…Except, you know, the stuff that's bleeding off the…edge wouldn't be there cause it wouldn't be including blitz.…But when you export to E-Pub, well you're often…quite surprised.…There are a couple of ways to manage the export order, one of…them is via the Layout, and the other one is via the articles panel.…
This video, we'll going to talk about managing it with the Layout.…But first lets see what kind of a Layout we're dealing with.…We just have something I threw together that has a title and a byline.…Story that continues.…Rotated text frame. My favorite dog.…A little grouped picture of My Dog Barkley.…Isn't he cute?…And a caption that says, a dog's life. And then on page two, it's only two pages.…The story continues.…There is an over set. And then we have another image.…
- Understanding the difference between an ebook and EPUB
- Creating an EPUB workspace in InDesign
- Managing the sequence of content
- Creating a table of contents for navigation
- Adding metadata
- Cleaning up text formatting
- Optimizing images for EPUB export
- Previewing and validating EPUB files
- Converting EPUBs to Kindle MOBI format
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 6/26/2014. What changed?
A: The author added and revised movies to reflect the June 2014 updates to InDesign's EPUB handling features, including fixed-layout support and EPUB exporting options.
Creating a Fixed-Layout EPUBwith Anne-Marie Concepción3h 18m Intermediate
InDesign CC: Interactive Document Fundamentals (2014)with Mike Rankin3h 47m Intermediate
Using Word and InDesign Togetherwith Anne-Marie Concepción3h 30m Intermediate
1. Understanding the Nature of EPUBs
2. Setting Up and Testing
3. Preparing the InDesign Publication for EPUB Export
4. Optimizing Text for EPUB Export
5. Optimizing Images for EPUB Export
6. Exporting InDesign to EPUB 2 and EPUB 3
7. Previewing and Validating EPUB Files
8. Converting the EPUB to Other Ebook Formats
Next steps5m 49s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.