Join Anne-Marie Concepción for an in-depth discussion in this video Managing the sequence of content: Articles panel, part of InDesign CC 2014: EPUBs.
…When you export your InDesign to EPUB, by default InDesign will…use the page geometry to decide the order of the content.…If it's looking at this page it's going to go left to right and export this first and…then this because these frame edges appear furthermost…to the left and then this and then this.…And you can manipulate these items.…You could move things around, so they by force are exported first.…But there is another easier way to manage the RUN…order that does not involve you messing up the lab.…
So, if one of your goals is to create a single…InDesign file, that can be used for both print and epub.…Then you kind of love this feature and that…is the article's panel, let me undo that change…I just did.…The articles panel is under the Window menu.…The very first item right here, Articles.…Now, I have created an epub workspace and I have added the Articles panel to it.…So I can open it from there as well.…Let me detach it so we can concentrate on it.…The article's count comes with a nice little…bit of instructions that said how to use it.…
- Understanding the difference between an ebook and EPUB
- Creating an EPUB workspace in InDesign
- Managing the sequence of content
- Creating a table of contents for navigation
- Adding metadata
- Cleaning up text formatting
- Optimizing images for EPUB export
- Previewing and validating EPUB files
- Converting EPUBs to Kindle MOBI format
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 6/26/2014. What changed?
A: The author added and revised movies to reflect the June 2014 updates to InDesign's EPUB handling features, including fixed-layout support and EPUB exporting options.
Creating a Fixed-Layout EPUBwith Anne-Marie Concepción3h 17m Intermediate
InDesign CC 2014: Interactive Documentswith Mike Rankin3h 46m Intermediate
Word and InDesign: Integrationwith Anne-Marie Concepción3h 29m Intermediate
1. Understanding the Nature of EPUBs
2. Setting Up and Testing
3. Preparing the InDesign Publication for EPUB Export
4. Optimizing Text for EPUB Export
5. Optimizing Images for EPUB Export
6. Exporting InDesign to EPUB 2 and EPUB 3
7. Previewing and Validating EPUB Files
8. Converting the EPUB to Other Ebook Formats
Next steps5m 49s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.