Join Anne-Marie Concepción for an in-depth discussion in this video Maintaining text frame spacing, part of InDesign CS6 to EPUB, Kindle, and iPad.
One of the things that takes a lot of new EPUB designers by surprise is what happens…with spacing in between text frames when you export from InDesign to EPUB.…I have a document open, and we're just going to take a quick peek at what happens when…we exported as is to EPUB.…Now if you're following along with the exercise files note that this document actually has…two pages, and we're only going to export page1 to EPUB. And if you were paying attention…the last chapter you know the way to do that is with the Articles panels.…
So I have already set that up, and we have an article for page1 and an article for page2.…Make sure that only page 1 is checked, that's what we're going to export.…So go to File > Export to EPUB, I'll press Command+E or Ctrl+E, History-of-Art that's…fine on the desktop.…Make sure that Content Order is set to same as Articles Panel, not this one, that way only…page 1 will be exported.…View EPUB after Exporting that's fine, that's fine and here we'll go ahead and include Local…Overrides for now and click OK.…
- Understanding the differences between ebook formats
- Best practices for InDesign file preparation
- Managing the content flow with Layout order and the Articles panel
- Using free InDesign scripts to automate EPUB productions
- Optimizing images, charts, and tables
- Opening and examining EPUB files
- Editing important CSS and HTML tags
- Including drop caps, pull quotes, and text wraps
- Enriching your EPUBs with video and embedded fonts
- Acquiring an ISBN for ebooks
- Converting EPUBs to Kindle format (MOBI and KF8)
- Distributing ebooks with resellers and aggregators
Skill Level Intermediate
Creating a Fixed-Layout EPUBwith Anne-Marie Concepción3h 18m Intermediate
InDesign CS6 New Featureswith Anne-Marie Concepción3h 21m Appropriate for all
InDesign CS6: Interactive Documentswith Mike Rankin5h 11m Intermediate
1. Ebook Overview
What is an ebook?13m 41s
2. EPUB Production Basics
3. Preparing an InDesign Publication for EPUB Export
4. Modifying Text and Images for EPUB Export
5. Optimizing Images for EPUB Export
6. Exporting to EPUB2 and EPUB3
7. Previewing and Validating EPUB Files
8. Editing EPUB Files for Functionality
9. Editing EPUB Files for Formatting
10. Converting an EPUB to Other Ebook Formats
11. Distributing Your Ebook
Next steps4m 52s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.