Join Anne-Marie Concepción for an in-depth discussion in this video Maintaining text frame spacing, part of InDesign CC 2014: EPUBs.
…Another thing that you need to check in your…InDesign file, is what's happening with the white space.…Because what looks like white space in InDesign will not be…white space when you export it to EPUB, in many cases.…So here we have an example, just a one page document.…It is three separate text frames.…This is right from the title page of our History of Art book.…And let's go ahead and export this ePUB, to see what it's going to look like.…Now, here's how it's supposed to look.…Let's switch to preview mode. Okay.…This is what it's supposed to look like. And now we'll press command or ctrl + e.…
Export this, ePub 3.…Oh, yeah, all that is fine.…And under Image and Advanced, that's cool, we don't…want to keep any local overrides, everything has been styled.…Whoops.…So we're sort of half way there.…We're, we're maintaining the centered and the sizes…of the type but we're not maintaining the space.…And that's because when you export to…ePUB, InDesign concatenates all of the frames…into one main text flow.…And anything that happens to be anchored within those.…
- Understanding the difference between an ebook and EPUB
- Creating an EPUB workspace in InDesign
- Managing the sequence of content
- Creating a table of contents for navigation
- Adding metadata
- Cleaning up text formatting
- Optimizing images for EPUB export
- Previewing and validating EPUB files
- Converting EPUBs to Kindle MOBI format
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 6/26/2014. What changed?
A: The author added and revised movies to reflect the June 2014 updates to InDesign's EPUB handling features, including fixed-layout support and EPUB exporting options.
Creating a Fixed-Layout EPUBwith Anne-Marie Concepción3h 17m Intermediate
InDesign CC 2014: Interactive Documentswith Mike Rankin3h 46m Intermediate
Word and InDesign: Integrationwith Anne-Marie Concepción3h 29m Intermediate
1. Understanding the Nature of EPUBs
2. Setting Up and Testing
3. Preparing the InDesign Publication for EPUB Export
4. Optimizing Text for EPUB Export
5. Optimizing Images for EPUB Export
6. Exporting InDesign to EPUB 2 and EPUB 3
7. Previewing and Validating EPUB Files
8. Converting the EPUB to Other Ebook Formats
Next steps5m 49s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.