Join Anne-Marie Concepción for an in-depth discussion in this video Installing scripts, part of InDesign CS6: EPUB Kindle and iPad.
I know I said in the last video one last thing, you know, to create your own custom workspace, but…there is one more last thing, and that is I want to show you how to install scripts in InDesign.…If you already know how to install scripts then you can skip this video.…But I use Scripts a lot, when I am working with InDesign files, and I am going to export…to EPUB, and I will be showing how to use those scripts and showing where to download…them or, including them in the Exercise files. And I want to make sure that you know how…to install the scripts yourself.…
So if you have followed my last video, you should have the Scripts panel as part of your…EPUB workspace right over here.…Otherwise Scripts in InDesign CS6 are available here under Window > Utilities > Scripts.…When you choose Scripts, and I am going to drag it out of the doc here just to bring…it front and center, so it's a little easier to see.…You will see two folders, Application and User.…You can put scripts in either one of these folders, but sometimes you will need Admin…
- Understanding the differences between ebook formats
- Best practices for InDesign file preparation
- Managing the content flow with Layout order and the Articles panel
- Using free InDesign scripts to automate EPUB productions
- Optimizing images, charts, and tables
- Opening and examining EPUB files
- Editing important CSS and HTML tags
- Including drop caps, pull quotes, and text wraps
- Enriching your EPUBs with video and embedded fonts
- Acquiring an ISBN for ebooks
- Converting EPUBs to Kindle format (MOBI and KF8)
- Distributing ebooks with resellers and aggregators
Skill Level Intermediate
Creating a Fixed-Layout EPUBwith Anne-Marie Concepción3h 17m Intermediate
InDesign CS6: Interactive Documentswith Mike Rankin5h 11m Intermediate
1. Ebook Overview
What is an ebook?13m 41s
2. EPUB Production Basics
3. Preparing an InDesign Publication for EPUB Export
4. Modifying Text and Images for EPUB Export
5. Optimizing Images for EPUB Export
6. Exporting to EPUB2 and EPUB3
7. Previewing and Validating EPUB Files
8. Editing EPUB Files for Functionality
9. Editing EPUB Files for Formatting
10. Converting an EPUB to Other Ebook Formats
11. Distributing Your Ebook
Next steps4m 52s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.