Join Anne-Marie Concepción for an in-depth discussion in this video Installing scripts, part of InDesign CC: EPUB Fundamentals.
…Now I know this is going to be…hard to believe, but InDesign cannot do everything.…I know, I know, it's heartbreaking.…Luckily, the engineers over at InDesign land made InDesign one…of the most scriptable programs that Adobe has ever offered.…They've made it very easy for developers with a bit…of savvy, to create scripts that appear in the scripts…folder, right down here.…Many of these are free, some of them are just five bucks, buy me a cup…of coffee, donate to Paypal, that add all…sorts of great functions and useful utilities to InDesign.…
We talk about them a lot in the…blog that I run with David Blatner called InDesignsecrets.com.…And there are a number that I'll be using…in this title that are specifically useful for ePub.…So what I want to show you…now is how to install those scripts in your own copy of InDesign.…It's very simple to do because really there is nothing to instal.…It's simply a matter of copying a file into a folder.…The first thing you need to do is find out where that script panel is in InDesign.…
- Understanding the difference between an ebook and EPUB
- Creating an EPUB workspace in InDesign
- Managing the sequence of content
- Creating a table of contents for navigation
- Adding metadata
- Cleaning up text formatting
- Optimizing images for EPUB export
- Previewing and validating EPUB files
- Converting EPUBs to Kindle MOBI format
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 6/26/2014. What changed?
A: The author added and revised movies to reflect the June 2014 updates to InDesign's EPUB handling features, including fixed-layout support and EPUB exporting options.
Creating a Fixed-Layout EPUBwith Anne-Marie Concepción3h 18m Intermediate
InDesign CC: Interactive Document Fundamentals (2014)with Mike Rankin3h 47m Intermediate
Using Word and InDesign Togetherwith Anne-Marie Concepción3h 30m Intermediate
1. Understanding the Nature of EPUBs
2. Setting Up and Testing
3. Preparing the InDesign Publication for EPUB Export
4. Optimizing Text for EPUB Export
5. Optimizing Images for EPUB Export
6. Exporting InDesign to EPUB 2 and EPUB 3
7. Previewing and Validating EPUB Files
8. Converting the EPUB to Other Ebook Formats
Next steps5m 49s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.