Join Anne-Marie Concepción for an in-depth discussion in this video Including a linked index, part of InDesign CC 2014: EPUBs.
…For a lot of books a table of contents, just doesn't cut it enough.…This book, History of Art has a very simple table of contents.…And instead a lot of people would flip immediately to the…back, that's what I do often, to see if there's an index.…And indeed this book does have an index, a very…rudimentary one but it's just there for, to prove the point.…This index was created with in designs own index tools.…Which you find under Type and…Tables index.…And there is a lot more information about using the index…tool, and some of the in design titles here on lynda.com.…
Whether or not adding an index in this way in, indesign is the smartest way.…Is really a topic for debate elsewhere.…There are a number of people who believe that only, a professional…indexer should go through the document and do an index the manual way.…But, let's say that you…do have an index that you created with Indesign.…In previous versions of Indesign, when you export to ePub.…The index would be completely ignored.…It just was not supported, and for the past…
- Understanding the difference between an ebook and EPUB
- Creating an EPUB workspace in InDesign
- Managing the sequence of content
- Creating a table of contents for navigation
- Adding metadata
- Cleaning up text formatting
- Optimizing images for EPUB export
- Previewing and validating EPUB files
- Converting EPUBs to Kindle MOBI format
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 6/26/2014. What changed?
A: The author added and revised movies to reflect the June 2014 updates to InDesign's EPUB handling features, including fixed-layout support and EPUB exporting options.
Creating a Fixed-Layout EPUBwith Anne-Marie Concepción3h 17m Intermediate
InDesign CC 2014: Interactive Documentswith Mike Rankin3h 46m Intermediate
Word and InDesign: Integrationwith Anne-Marie Concepción3h 29m Intermediate
1. Understanding the Nature of EPUBs
2. Setting Up and Testing
3. Preparing the InDesign Publication for EPUB Export
4. Optimizing Text for EPUB Export
5. Optimizing Images for EPUB Export
6. Exporting InDesign to EPUB 2 and EPUB 3
7. Previewing and Validating EPUB Files
8. Converting the EPUB to Other Ebook Formats
Next steps5m 49s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.