Join Anne-Marie Concepción for an in-depth discussion in this video Including fonts in an EPUB, part of InDesign CS6: EPUB Kindle and iPad.
If you want to embed the fonts that you're using in your InDesign file in the final EPUB…it's actually quite a simple procedure, but it goes from simple to suddenly this huge…drop-off to very complex in a matter of seconds. So let me show you what is simple, and then…we'll talk a little about the complex part in a few minutes, but before we even begin…talking about using your font in your EPUB you have to make sure you have the right to…use them that they're embeddable.…Now when you export to EPUB, and you turn on the option to Include Embeddable Fonts…then InDesign checks an internal flag in the font just like when you export to PDF if there…is some problem with the fonts InDesign will say sorry can't embed this it's not allowed to be embedded.…
In this document the simple one-page document I'm using a bunch of font's that can't be…embedded a few of them are from the Adobe font folio the type library, so we have the…Myriad Pro and Garamond and one of them is this font called Jacques Francois Shadow…
- Understanding the differences between ebook formats
- Best practices for InDesign file preparation
- Managing the content flow with Layout order and the Articles panel
- Using free InDesign scripts to automate EPUB productions
- Optimizing images, charts, and tables
- Opening and examining EPUB files
- Editing important CSS and HTML tags
- Including drop caps, pull quotes, and text wraps
- Enriching your EPUBs with video and embedded fonts
- Acquiring an ISBN for ebooks
- Converting EPUBs to Kindle format (MOBI and KF8)
- Distributing ebooks with resellers and aggregators
Skill Level Intermediate
Creating a Fixed-Layout EPUBwith Anne-Marie Concepción3h 17m Intermediate
InDesign CS6: Interactive Documentswith Mike Rankin5h 11m Intermediate
1. Ebook Overview
What is an ebook?13m 41s
2. EPUB Production Basics
3. Preparing an InDesign Publication for EPUB Export
4. Modifying Text and Images for EPUB Export
5. Optimizing Images for EPUB Export
6. Exporting to EPUB2 and EPUB3
7. Previewing and Validating EPUB Files
8. Editing EPUB Files for Functionality
9. Editing EPUB Files for Formatting
10. Converting an EPUB to Other Ebook Formats
11. Distributing Your Ebook
Next steps4m 52s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.