- View Offline
- Understanding the differences between ebook formats
- Best practices for InDesign file preparation
- Managing the content flow with Layout order and the Articles panel
- Using free InDesign scripts to automate EPUB productions
- Optimizing images, charts, and tables
- Opening and examining EPUB files
- Editing important CSS and HTML tags
- Including drop caps, pull quotes, and text wraps
- Enriching your EPUBs with video and embedded fonts
- Acquiring an ISBN for ebooks
- Converting EPUBs to Kindle format (MOBI and KF8)
- Distributing ebooks with resellers and aggregators
Skill Level Intermediate
- [Voiceover] Hi, I'm Anne-Marie Concepcion and this is InDesign CS6 to EPUB, Kindle, and iPad. This course covers the complete ebook workflow for getting your InDesign contents into a number of devices and EPUB reading software. From determining which format you're planning on using, then setting up the original InDesign file to make it EPUB friendly, to tinkering with the final EPUB in a variety of utilities like TextWrangler and Dreamweaver, to putting the final file out there for publication through Amazon's Kindle, Apple's iBookstore, and plenty of third party sites and options.
I'll show you some specifics like setting up the images, fonts, and video for best presentation in an EPUB. Adding and editing metadata, and alt tags to your files. And building custom table of contents and covers for your final presentation. Ebook publishing is a great way to get your work to your waiting audience so let's get started with InDesign CS6 to EPUB, Kindle, and iPad.