- View Offline
- Understanding the difference between an ebook and EPUB
- Creating an EPUB workspace in InDesign
- Managing the sequence of content
- Creating a table of contents for navigation
- Adding metadata
- Cleaning up text formatting
- Optimizing images for EPUB export
- Previewing and validating EPUB files
- Converting EPUBs to Kindle MOBI format
Skill Level Beginner
- [Voiceover] Welcome to InDesign CC: EPUB Fundamentals. In this course we'll take a close look at EPUBs, the standard format for eBooks today and how we can use Adobe InDesign CC to create them. I'll start by showing you what is inside an EPUB file using free scripts for Mac and Windows. We'll learn what the ePUB 2 and the ePUB 3 standards really mean and how InDesign converts files to the standard HTML and CSS they require. You'll see how to optimize your text, graphics, tables, and videos.
I'll show you how to use new EPUB features in InDesign CC like object style mapping, pop-up footnotes, and linked indexes. See how you can create sophisticated and interactive standards compliant EPUB files with a streamlined workflow and then proof them on your eReader. We'll also cover how to use InDesign to optimize files for exporting eBooks, specifically for the Amazon Kindle and other eReaders like the Kobo and the Nook. Join me in learning InDesign CC: EPUB Fundamentals.