Join Anne-Marie Concepción for an in-depth discussion in this video How do I find and sell ebooks?, part of InDesign CS6: EPUB Kindle and iPad.
Now that you know what an EPUB is, and you know what you can use to read it with, where…do you find these things?…And surprisingly a lot of people are really in the dark about this.…Let's get the two big kahunas out of the way first, that is Amazon and Apple.…So you can always find eBooks very cheaply or expensive on Amazon.…Remember that these will download is MOBI file so that you can only read them in a Kindle…or on one of those free Kindle Apps that I showed you in the previous video.…
Of course, there's a Kindle App for basically any device or any desktop so that's not that big of a deal.…But if you go to Amazon and on the left over here you go to Kindle you can go right over…here to Kindle Books or if you have a Kindle, and you are a member of their prime club,…which will cost like, I don't know, $75 a year, you have a Lending Library you can download these for free.…I am always a big fan of where to find free EPUBs and eBooks, and this is the place.…So I'm not going to shell for Amazon, but I just wanted to point it out to you. Otherwise,…
- Understanding the differences between ebook formats
- Best practices for InDesign file preparation
- Managing the content flow with Layout order and the Articles panel
- Using free InDesign scripts to automate EPUB productions
- Optimizing images, charts, and tables
- Opening and examining EPUB files
- Editing important CSS and HTML tags
- Including drop caps, pull quotes, and text wraps
- Enriching your EPUBs with video and embedded fonts
- Acquiring an ISBN for ebooks
- Converting EPUBs to Kindle format (MOBI and KF8)
- Distributing ebooks with resellers and aggregators
Skill Level Intermediate
Creating a Fixed-Layout EPUBwith Anne-Marie Concepción3h 17m Intermediate
InDesign CS6: Interactive Documentswith Mike Rankin5h 11m Intermediate
1. Ebook Overview
What is an ebook?13m 41s
2. EPUB Production Basics
3. Preparing an InDesign Publication for EPUB Export
4. Modifying Text and Images for EPUB Export
5. Optimizing Images for EPUB Export
6. Exporting to EPUB2 and EPUB3
7. Previewing and Validating EPUB Files
8. Editing EPUB Files for Functionality
9. Editing EPUB Files for Formatting
10. Converting an EPUB to Other Ebook Formats
11. Distributing Your Ebook
Next steps4m 52s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.