Join Anne-Marie Concepción for an in-depth discussion in this video Getting your ebook into the Kindle Store, iBookstore, or NOOK Store, part of InDesign CS6: EPUB Kindle and iPad.
Now that you have your final EPUB, and you have your ISBN number, it's time to go out…and make a million dollars, right? Well, yes, it's true. It can be done.…Your choices as far as how you are going to make a million dollars come down to one of…three methods, and they are not mutually exclusive, you can do them all at the same time.…The first method, the one that I'm going to talk about in this video is by creating a…direct relationship with the major eSellers out there, people who are selling eBooks.…For me, that is the Amazon Kindle Store, the Apple iBookstore, and then to a lesser extent…either the Barnes & Noble NOOK Store or the Kobo Store, or both.…
I'll just be talking about the NOOK Store in this video.…The second method is to use a third-party aggregator.…There are a number of really great companies out there that will take your EPUB and they…will take care of adding all the metadata and getting all the information that all these…resellers need, and they will submit it for you and pass through all the income.…
- Understanding the differences between ebook formats
- Best practices for InDesign file preparation
- Managing the content flow with Layout order and the Articles panel
- Using free InDesign scripts to automate EPUB productions
- Optimizing images, charts, and tables
- Opening and examining EPUB files
- Editing important CSS and HTML tags
- Including drop caps, pull quotes, and text wraps
- Enriching your EPUBs with video and embedded fonts
- Acquiring an ISBN for ebooks
- Converting EPUBs to Kindle format (MOBI and KF8)
- Distributing ebooks with resellers and aggregators
Skill Level Intermediate
Creating a Fixed-Layout EPUBwith Anne-Marie Concepción3h 17m Intermediate
InDesign CS6: Interactive Documentswith Mike Rankin5h 11m Intermediate
1. Ebook Overview
What is an ebook?13m 41s
2. EPUB Production Basics
3. Preparing an InDesign Publication for EPUB Export
4. Modifying Text and Images for EPUB Export
5. Optimizing Images for EPUB Export
6. Exporting to EPUB2 and EPUB3
7. Previewing and Validating EPUB Files
8. Editing EPUB Files for Functionality
9. Editing EPUB Files for Formatting
10. Converting an EPUB to Other Ebook Formats
11. Distributing Your Ebook
Next steps4m 52s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.