Join Anne-Marie Concepción for an in-depth discussion in this video Getting an ISBN for each edition, part of InDesign CS6: EPUB Kindle and iPad.
If you're publishing your own eBook, you're going to have to get an ISBN.…That is a unique identifying number used by libraries, the Library of Congress, bookstores,…online retailers, and so on.…And this is the homepage of the isbn.org, isn't it lovely?…In the United States this company, Bowker-- and that's where that link would lead you to--…is the provider of all ISBN numbers.…You go to their website which is myidentifiers.com and click on ISBN, and you purchase your ISBN…numbers right from them.…
Now a single ISBN is kind of pricey, it's $125. It would make much more sense to purchase…them in a pack of the least 10, which is $250 or just 25 bucks for IBSN, a lot cheaper than a single one.…The reason you might need more than one ISBN, because you might publish another book or…when you update that book, you need to make some major changes, and you do a second edition…that has to have it's own unique ISBN as well.…Now, you cannot reuse your print either hardcover or paperback ISBN for the eBook, the eBook…
- Understanding the differences between ebook formats
- Best practices for InDesign file preparation
- Managing the content flow with Layout order and the Articles panel
- Using free InDesign scripts to automate EPUB productions
- Optimizing images, charts, and tables
- Opening and examining EPUB files
- Editing important CSS and HTML tags
- Including drop caps, pull quotes, and text wraps
- Enriching your EPUBs with video and embedded fonts
- Acquiring an ISBN for ebooks
- Converting EPUBs to Kindle format (MOBI and KF8)
- Distributing ebooks with resellers and aggregators
Skill Level Intermediate
Creating a Fixed-Layout EPUBwith Anne-Marie Concepción3h 18m Intermediate
InDesign CS6 New Featureswith Anne-Marie Concepción3h 21m Appropriate for all
InDesign CS6: Interactive Documentswith Mike Rankin5h 11m Intermediate
1. Ebook Overview
What is an ebook?13m 41s
2. EPUB Production Basics
3. Preparing an InDesign Publication for EPUB Export
4. Modifying Text and Images for EPUB Export
5. Optimizing Images for EPUB Export
6. Exporting to EPUB2 and EPUB3
7. Previewing and Validating EPUB Files
8. Editing EPUB Files for Functionality
9. Editing EPUB Files for Formatting
10. Converting an EPUB to Other Ebook Formats
11. Distributing Your Ebook
Next steps4m 52s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.