Join Anne-Marie Concepción for an in-depth discussion in this video Exploring the Kindle Direct Publishing (KDP) portal, part of InDesign CS6: EPUB Kindle and iPad.
If you're trying to distribute the eBook that you just designed, you should know that you…cannot ignore the big kahuna, Amazon.…Ebooks are sold on Kindle devices or in Kindle format at least through the Amazon Kindle…Bookstore, 80% of all eBooks are Kindle books. The rest of them are divvied up among the…Apple iBooks, iBookstore, and the NOOK--Barnes & Noble NOOK store--the Kobol store, the Sony store and so on.…So it behooves you to learn as much as you can about getting your book ready for Kindle.…
Unfortunately, it does not use the EPUB format. Don't ask me why. It's a constant source of…frustration among eBook designers.…But there is. It uses a different format, and I'll be talking about the formats in depth in upcoming videos.…For now, though, I want to show you that Amazon does give a lot of support to people who want…to publish independently or small publishers to the Kindle bookstore.…I am at the Amazon website right now just looking at the current pantheon of Kindle devices.…There is the color line of Kindle fire devices and then there are what they…
- Understanding the differences between ebook formats
- Best practices for InDesign file preparation
- Managing the content flow with Layout order and the Articles panel
- Using free InDesign scripts to automate EPUB productions
- Optimizing images, charts, and tables
- Opening and examining EPUB files
- Editing important CSS and HTML tags
- Including drop caps, pull quotes, and text wraps
- Enriching your EPUBs with video and embedded fonts
- Acquiring an ISBN for ebooks
- Converting EPUBs to Kindle format (MOBI and KF8)
- Distributing ebooks with resellers and aggregators
Skill Level Intermediate
Creating a Fixed-Layout EPUBwith Anne-Marie Concepción3h 17m Intermediate
InDesign CS6: Interactive Documentswith Mike Rankin5h 11m Intermediate
1. Ebook Overview
What is an ebook?13m 41s
2. EPUB Production Basics
3. Preparing an InDesign Publication for EPUB Export
4. Modifying Text and Images for EPUB Export
5. Optimizing Images for EPUB Export
6. Exporting to EPUB2 and EPUB3
7. Previewing and Validating EPUB Files
8. Editing EPUB Files for Functionality
9. Editing EPUB Files for Formatting
10. Converting an EPUB to Other Ebook Formats
11. Distributing Your Ebook
Next steps4m 52s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.