Join Anne-Marie Concepción for an in-depth discussion in this video Exploring the Kindle Direct Publishing (KDP) portal, part of InDesign CC 2014: EPUBs.
…So what do you do if you want to publish to Kindle?…To Amazon?…Get your stuff on the Amazon Kindle store. It's actually really simple.…First of all, go to kdp.amazon.com. That is the Kindle publishing portal…for individuals, freelancers, small publishers, maybe some medium publishers.…If you're a big publisher then you don't have to go through this.…They have their own program for…big publishers.…But for people who are not Conde Nast this is what we use.…
And all you need really is a log on for Amazon, you can use, if…you already have a an account with Amazon, you can use that one to log on.…Or you can create one just for your Kindle publishing efforts.…If you, when you go to kdp.amazon.com,…that'll just jump you right to their portal.…There is lots of information to examine here.…There's videos,…there is a KDP community. Let's take a look at that.…Which is a forum, with, you know, a few hundreds…of thousands, look at this, three million views on general questions.…
This is probably one of the busiest forums known to man.…
- Understanding the difference between an ebook and EPUB
- Creating an EPUB workspace in InDesign
- Managing the sequence of content
- Creating a table of contents for navigation
- Adding metadata
- Cleaning up text formatting
- Optimizing images for EPUB export
- Previewing and validating EPUB files
- Converting EPUBs to Kindle MOBI format
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 6/26/2014. What changed?
A: The author added and revised movies to reflect the June 2014 updates to InDesign's EPUB handling features, including fixed-layout support and EPUB exporting options.
Creating a Fixed-Layout EPUBwith Anne-Marie Concepción3h 17m Intermediate
InDesign CC 2014: Interactive Documentswith Mike Rankin3h 46m Intermediate
Word and InDesign: Integrationwith Anne-Marie Concepción3h 29m Intermediate
1. Understanding the Nature of EPUBs
2. Setting Up and Testing
3. Preparing the InDesign Publication for EPUB Export
4. Optimizing Text for EPUB Export
5. Optimizing Images for EPUB Export
6. Exporting InDesign to EPUB 2 and EPUB 3
7. Previewing and Validating EPUB Files
8. Converting the EPUB to Other Ebook Formats
Next steps5m 49s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.