Join Anne-Marie Concepción for an in-depth discussion in this video Editing the XHTML files and using GREP, part of InDesign CS6: EPUB Kindle and iPad.
Now let's jump in and get our hands dirty messing around with the HTML files.…We're working with our History-of-Art. epub that we're all familiar with, nice…Mona and her friends, and I have already expanded that EPUB file into a folder…of all of its component parts with my friend the EPUB UnZip AppleScript.…If you're on Windows, and you're falling along, you can always use the method…of renaming .epub to .zip and then expanding the zip file, which I talked about…in a previous video.…
All the HTML files are in the OEBPS folder.…You might have just one single XHTML file or you might have multiple ones,…multiple ones would come about if you split the document according to paragraph…styles, when you exported, or perhaps you exported from a book and so each…individual document would create at least one HTML file.…I think for this video I'll use TextWrangler to edit these, and I could use any…number of other programs that I talked about in a different video.…But I like TextWrangler when I just want to do quick fine changes, which is…
- Understanding the differences between ebook formats
- Best practices for InDesign file preparation
- Managing the content flow with Layout order and the Articles panel
- Using free InDesign scripts to automate EPUB productions
- Optimizing images, charts, and tables
- Opening and examining EPUB files
- Editing important CSS and HTML tags
- Including drop caps, pull quotes, and text wraps
- Enriching your EPUBs with video and embedded fonts
- Acquiring an ISBN for ebooks
- Converting EPUBs to Kindle format (MOBI and KF8)
- Distributing ebooks with resellers and aggregators
Skill Level Intermediate
Creating a Fixed-Layout EPUBwith Anne-Marie Concepción3h 17m Intermediate
InDesign CS6: Interactive Documentswith Mike Rankin5h 11m Intermediate
1. Ebook Overview
What is an ebook?13m 41s
2. EPUB Production Basics
3. Preparing an InDesign Publication for EPUB Export
4. Modifying Text and Images for EPUB Export
5. Optimizing Images for EPUB Export
6. Exporting to EPUB2 and EPUB3
7. Previewing and Validating EPUB Files
8. Editing EPUB Files for Functionality
9. Editing EPUB Files for Formatting
10. Converting an EPUB to Other Ebook Formats
11. Distributing Your Ebook
Next steps4m 52s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.