Join Anne-Marie Concepción for an in-depth discussion in this video Editing the CSS file to tweak formatting, part of InDesign CS6: EPUB Kindle and iPad.
All the formatting for your EPUB content is being controlled by one file, the CSS file, Cascading Style Sheets.…Let's take a look at what that CSS file is comprised of and see how we can edit it.…I have opened in Dreamweaver one of the HTML files from our friend, the Art History Book,…Painting in Spain, Chapter 2.…And here on the left, you can see the code for the HTML file.…And we worked with the code in the previous video on editing HTML files, so here you can…see, here is SPANISH PAINTING, and here is where Spanish painting is in the HTML file.…
But what is making these letters capitals or small caps?…You can see here on the left that there is a tag surrounding those letters.…It is a tag called span.…Meaning it's like a character style, as I explained in the previous video.…And it's using something called a class that is named small-caps.…The class small-caps is in the CSS file, and it's applied to this text, and it appears…in the CSS file, because back in InDesign we defined it as small-caps.…
We used a nested style and maybe we went ahead and swiped over this and called it the character style small-caps.…
- Understanding the differences between ebook formats
- Best practices for InDesign file preparation
- Managing the content flow with Layout order and the Articles panel
- Using free InDesign scripts to automate EPUB productions
- Optimizing images, charts, and tables
- Opening and examining EPUB files
- Editing important CSS and HTML tags
- Including drop caps, pull quotes, and text wraps
- Enriching your EPUBs with video and embedded fonts
- Acquiring an ISBN for ebooks
- Converting EPUBs to Kindle format (MOBI and KF8)
- Distributing ebooks with resellers and aggregators
Skill Level Intermediate
Creating a Fixed-Layout EPUBwith Anne-Marie Concepción3h 17m Intermediate
InDesign CS6: Interactive Documentswith Mike Rankin5h 11m Intermediate
1. Ebook Overview
What is an ebook?13m 41s
2. EPUB Production Basics
3. Preparing an InDesign Publication for EPUB Export
4. Modifying Text and Images for EPUB Export
5. Optimizing Images for EPUB Export
6. Exporting to EPUB2 and EPUB3
7. Previewing and Validating EPUB Files
8. Editing EPUB Files for Functionality
9. Editing EPUB Files for Formatting
10. Converting an EPUB to Other Ebook Formats
11. Distributing Your Ebook
Next steps4m 52s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.