Join Anne-Marie Concepción for an in-depth discussion in this video Customizing image sizes with CSS, part of InDesign CC: EPUB Fundamentals.
…In the 2014 release of InDesign CC,…Adobe added a few new features to the Object Export Options dialog box.…I want to talk about a couple of them right now.…These are Custom CSS Width and Custom CSS Height.…They govern what InDesign does, to the size of your images as defined in the CSS.…It's a little hard to get your head around,…especially if you're not familiar with HTML and CSS.…But I want to show you how choosing a different option here,…could work to your advantage in some situations.…
So, let's just leave them at the default and see what happens.…Notice that the images are anchored.…They are above-line anchored within the text flow.…And the text flow is this text frame, so it's not as wide as the entire page.…And thereabout, what would you say?…Sixty or maybe 70% of the width of the page.…I'll go ahead and export this to ePub.…I'll replace the existing one and it makes no different for…this feature if you're exporting to 3.0 or 2.0 for ePub.…
Under Object,…I am making sure that I want these images to be resized relative to the text flow.…
- Understanding the difference between an ebook and EPUB
- Creating an EPUB workspace in InDesign
- Managing the sequence of content
- Creating a table of contents for navigation
- Adding metadata
- Cleaning up text formatting
- Optimizing images for EPUB export
- Previewing and validating EPUB files
- Converting EPUBs to Kindle MOBI format
Skill Level Beginner
Creating a Fixed-Layout EPUBwith Anne-Marie Concepción3h 18m Intermediate
InDesign CC: Interactive Document Fundamentals (2014)with Mike Rankin3h 47m Intermediate
Using Word and InDesign Togetherwith Anne-Marie Concepción3h 30m Intermediate
1. Understanding the Nature of EPUBs
2. Setting Up and Testing
3. Preparing the InDesign Publication for EPUB Export
4. Optimizing Text for EPUB Export
5. Optimizing Images for EPUB Export
6. Exporting InDesign to EPUB 2 and EPUB 3
7. Previewing and Validating EPUB Files
8. Converting the EPUB to Other Ebook Formats
Next steps5m 49s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.