Join Anne-Marie Concepción for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating pull quotes and text wraps, part of InDesign CS6 to EPUB, Kindle, and iPad.
You have already learned how to anchor images in the text stream.…But things get a little trickier when you want to get a text frame in the middle of…the text flow, like this one right here, or you want to the text to wrap around some…sort of image or graphic.…Here is a typical page in InDesign with two items that are simply floating on top of the…main text frame. They are not anchored or anything, and they're using text wrap to push the text away.…Now as you know, I always recommend that before you start tearing your hair out, you simply…export what you have got to EPUB and see what a looks like.…
So let's go ahead and do that. I'm exporting to EPUB, I'll save it to the Desktop. I have already…got one there, so I'm just going to overwrite it. You can keep all the defaults under Advanced.…Just keep this first check box turned on, and then click OK. Where's the images?…Well, because they're not part of the text stream, even though they look like it, and even a little text is…wrapping around because it wraps, that's not happening, they ended up at the end.…
- Understanding the differences between ebook formats
- Best practices for InDesign file preparation
- Managing the content flow with Layout order and the Articles panel
- Using free InDesign scripts to automate EPUB productions
- Optimizing images, charts, and tables
- Opening and examining EPUB files
- Editing important CSS and HTML tags
- Including drop caps, pull quotes, and text wraps
- Enriching your EPUBs with video and embedded fonts
- Acquiring an ISBN for ebooks
- Converting EPUBs to Kindle format (MOBI and KF8)
- Distributing ebooks with resellers and aggregators
Skill Level Intermediate
Creating a Fixed-Layout EPUBwith Anne-Marie Concepción3h 18m Intermediate
InDesign CS6 New Featureswith Anne-Marie Concepción3h 21m Appropriate for all
InDesign CS6: Interactive Documentswith Mike Rankin5h 11m Intermediate
1. Ebook Overview
What is an ebook?13m 41s
2. EPUB Production Basics
3. Preparing an InDesign Publication for EPUB Export
4. Modifying Text and Images for EPUB Export
5. Optimizing Images for EPUB Export
6. Exporting to EPUB2 and EPUB3
7. Previewing and Validating EPUB Files
8. Editing EPUB Files for Functionality
9. Editing EPUB Files for Formatting
10. Converting an EPUB to Other Ebook Formats
11. Distributing Your Ebook
Next steps4m 52s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.