Join Anne-Marie Concepción for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating a navigation table of contents (TOC) with a TOC style, part of InDesign CS6 to EPUB, Kindle, and iPad.
Now let's talk about the Navigational Table of Contents. That's the list of links that…appears in any EPUB reader or device that lets the person move from section to section in an EPUB.…Now if you just export a document to EPUB from InDesign, you're not going to get that.…I have done that to our History of Art document the one with the Mona Lisa on the cover and…here is what it would appear as if you didn't do anything special.…History-of-Art-is-good. Now that was actually the name of the layout.…
So, if you don't do anything special to the InDesign file and exported to EPUB the Navigational…Table of Contents, this section right here, will just have the name of the layout, and…there won't be any links to individual chapter names.…Now this is actually a valid EPUB, because it does have something here, if you hide it…and show it again, you can see that there is a link, it just brings you to the very…beginning of the book.…So InDesign will always create the special file, it's actually an XML file that's part…
- Understanding the differences between ebook formats
- Best practices for InDesign file preparation
- Managing the content flow with Layout order and the Articles panel
- Using free InDesign scripts to automate EPUB productions
- Optimizing images, charts, and tables
- Opening and examining EPUB files
- Editing important CSS and HTML tags
- Including drop caps, pull quotes, and text wraps
- Enriching your EPUBs with video and embedded fonts
- Acquiring an ISBN for ebooks
- Converting EPUBs to Kindle format (MOBI and KF8)
- Distributing ebooks with resellers and aggregators
Skill Level Intermediate
Creating a Fixed-Layout EPUBwith Anne-Marie Concepción3h 18m Intermediate
InDesign CS6 New Featureswith Anne-Marie Concepción3h 21m Appropriate for all
InDesign CS6: Interactive Documentswith Mike Rankin5h 11m Intermediate
1. Ebook Overview
What is an ebook?13m 41s
2. EPUB Production Basics
3. Preparing an InDesign Publication for EPUB Export
4. Modifying Text and Images for EPUB Export
5. Optimizing Images for EPUB Export
6. Exporting to EPUB2 and EPUB3
7. Previewing and Validating EPUB Files
8. Editing EPUB Files for Functionality
9. Editing EPUB Files for Formatting
10. Converting an EPUB to Other Ebook Formats
11. Distributing Your Ebook
Next steps4m 52s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.