Join Anne-Marie Concepción for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating a navigation TOC, part of InDesign CC: EPUB Fundamentals.
…One thing that you must do to every InDesign file before you…export it to EPUB is to create a table of contents style.…You don't have to actually add a table of…contents to the document, and you might already have…a table of contents in the document, but it…might not be exactly what you need for the EPUB.…So let me explain that in this video and luckily it's pretty simple to do.…First let's see what happens if you have not created, a table of contents style.…If you look under the Layout menu, you'll…see Table of Contents and Table of Contents Styles.…
And if you choose Table of Contents Styles you should see just Default.…So we're going to say okay.…So let's export to E-Pub. Go to file, choose export.…Or press command and control E. We're going to export…right out to the desktop. History of S F and nav T O C.…E-Pub 3.0 Navigation…file name, view EPUB after exporting. Everything else should be at the defaults.…Let's click okay. Now where is the NAV TOC?…By the way the book came out pretty nice, didn't it?…
- Understanding the difference between an ebook and EPUB
- Creating an EPUB workspace in InDesign
- Managing the sequence of content
- Creating a table of contents for navigation
- Adding metadata
- Cleaning up text formatting
- Optimizing images for EPUB export
- Previewing and validating EPUB files
- Converting EPUBs to Kindle MOBI format
Skill Level Beginner
Creating a Fixed-Layout EPUBwith Anne-Marie Concepción3h 18m Intermediate
InDesign CC: Interactive Document Fundamentals (2014)with Mike Rankin3h 47m Intermediate
Using Word and InDesign Togetherwith Anne-Marie Concepción3h 30m Intermediate
1. Understanding the Nature of EPUBs
2. Setting Up and Testing
3. Preparing the InDesign Publication for EPUB Export
4. Optimizing Text for EPUB Export
5. Optimizing Images for EPUB Export
6. Exporting InDesign to EPUB 2 and EPUB 3
7. Previewing and Validating EPUB Files
8. Converting the EPUB to Other Ebook Formats
Next steps5m 49s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.