Join Anne-Marie Concepción for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating internal and external links, part of InDesign CS6 to EPUB, Kindle, and iPad.
Let's talk about adding links after the fact in your EPUB.…Of course, it's very easy to add links in InDesign.…You simply do it with the Hyperlinks Panel which I have here.…And in this History of Art book that we have been working with, there is already a link…in most of the versions that we have been working with.…There is a hyperlink that leads you to an external URL on Wikipedia.…You can double-click it and see it right there.…And for this one, I have also added a cross reference link which you might find quite a bit in your books.…
I have a cross reference over here. Let's zoom in.…It says this paragraph has a cross reference to the chapter called Painting in Spain.…And if I click here, it becomes highlighted I can jump to Painting in Spain, and you see…the little icon indicating that this is a cross reference.…And the cross reference is different from a hyperlink, because I could change this to…painting in and around Spain and then update the cross reference.…
And when I go back to the source, you can see that's been updated.…
- Understanding the differences between ebook formats
- Best practices for InDesign file preparation
- Managing the content flow with Layout order and the Articles panel
- Using free InDesign scripts to automate EPUB productions
- Optimizing images, charts, and tables
- Opening and examining EPUB files
- Editing important CSS and HTML tags
- Including drop caps, pull quotes, and text wraps
- Enriching your EPUBs with video and embedded fonts
- Acquiring an ISBN for ebooks
- Converting EPUBs to Kindle format (MOBI and KF8)
- Distributing ebooks with resellers and aggregators
Skill Level Intermediate
Creating a Fixed-Layout EPUBwith Anne-Marie Concepción3h 18m Intermediate
InDesign CS6 New Featureswith Anne-Marie Concepción3h 21m Appropriate for all
InDesign CS6: Interactive Documentswith Mike Rankin5h 11m Intermediate
1. Ebook Overview
What is an ebook?13m 41s
2. EPUB Production Basics
3. Preparing an InDesign Publication for EPUB Export
4. Modifying Text and Images for EPUB Export
5. Optimizing Images for EPUB Export
6. Exporting to EPUB2 and EPUB3
7. Previewing and Validating EPUB Files
8. Editing EPUB Files for Functionality
9. Editing EPUB Files for Formatting
10. Converting an EPUB to Other Ebook Formats
11. Distributing Your Ebook
Next steps4m 52s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.