Join Anne-Marie Concepción for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating a cover image, part of InDesign CS6: EPUB Kindle and iPad.
It's important to create a really great cover for your eBook, because if you look at the…Amazon Kindle Store or at the NOOK Store or the iBookstore, you can see that there are…a lot of really neat looking cover designs.…And even more so than going to a brick and mortar bookstore, people often choose an eBook…based on its cover. I know it's horrible.…So, you want to make sure that your cover stands out, and also that it doesn't contain too many details.…There are specific guidelines that I'll be covering in an upcoming video while I talk…about creating your eBook specifically for Apple's iBookstore and the Kindle.…
But for example, across the board, nobody wants to see, you know, 20% off on your cover.…So, if you already have a cover that's been designed for print, you probably want to do…a version of it just for the eBook. You want to simplify it.…Remember, people are going to be seeing this on screen and sizes as small as like 1 inch…across by 1 & 1/2 inches tall.…Now on the other hand, when people open up the eBook on their eBook reader, they will…
- Understanding the differences between ebook formats
- Best practices for InDesign file preparation
- Managing the content flow with Layout order and the Articles panel
- Using free InDesign scripts to automate EPUB productions
- Optimizing images, charts, and tables
- Opening and examining EPUB files
- Editing important CSS and HTML tags
- Including drop caps, pull quotes, and text wraps
- Enriching your EPUBs with video and embedded fonts
- Acquiring an ISBN for ebooks
- Converting EPUBs to Kindle format (MOBI and KF8)
- Distributing ebooks with resellers and aggregators
Skill Level Intermediate
Creating a Fixed-Layout EPUBwith Anne-Marie Concepción3h 17m Intermediate
InDesign CS6 New Featureswith Anne-Marie Concepción3h 21m Appropriate for all
InDesign CS6: Interactive Documentswith Mike Rankin5h 11m Intermediate
1. Ebook Overview
What is an ebook?13m 41s
2. EPUB Production Basics
3. Preparing an InDesign Publication for EPUB Export
4. Modifying Text and Images for EPUB Export
5. Optimizing Images for EPUB Export
6. Exporting to EPUB2 and EPUB3
7. Previewing and Validating EPUB Files
8. Editing EPUB Files for Functionality
9. Editing EPUB Files for Formatting
10. Converting an EPUB to Other Ebook Formats
11. Distributing Your Ebook
Next steps4m 52s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.