Join Anne-Marie Concepción for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating a cover image, part of InDesign CC 2014: EPUBs.
…Now let's talk about cover images.…There are actually two kinds of cover images,…one is the internal cover image, the one that InDesign can export.…And this is the one that would appear in iBooks or in Adobe Digital Editions in…its own library, that's the little miniature of the cover.…There is another kind of cover image that when you are uploading in…Epub to a reseller, like Apple or Kindle or…the Nook store, they'll often ask for a separate upload for a cover image and…that's the one that they use in their store, not really in the reader.…
In this video, I'm talking about the internal cover image,…the one that will appear in the bookshelves in iBooks, for example.…Every e-reseller has their own specifications for…how large the, the separate cover should be for their store.…And I'll be talking about vendor specifications later on in this title.…So, we have our favorite book here, History of Art.…And, it has a cover on the front page.…Now everyone of your publications has a cover as part of it.…Often, the cover is designed separately or it's a Photoshop file.…
- Understanding the difference between an ebook and EPUB
- Creating an EPUB workspace in InDesign
- Managing the sequence of content
- Creating a table of contents for navigation
- Adding metadata
- Cleaning up text formatting
- Optimizing images for EPUB export
- Previewing and validating EPUB files
- Converting EPUBs to Kindle MOBI format
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 6/26/2014. What changed?
A: The author added and revised movies to reflect the June 2014 updates to InDesign's EPUB handling features, including fixed-layout support and EPUB exporting options.
Creating a Fixed-Layout EPUBwith Anne-Marie Concepción3h 18m Intermediate
InDesign CC 2014: Interactive Documentswith Mike Rankin3h 47m Intermediate
Word and InDesign: Integrationwith Anne-Marie Concepción3h 30m Intermediate
1. Understanding the Nature of EPUBs
2. Setting Up and Testing
3. Preparing the InDesign Publication for EPUB Export
4. Optimizing Text for EPUB Export
5. Optimizing Images for EPUB Export
6. Exporting InDesign to EPUB 2 and EPUB 3
7. Previewing and Validating EPUB Files
8. Converting the EPUB to Other Ebook Formats
Next steps5m 49s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.