Join Anne-Marie Concepción for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating chapter breaks, part of InDesign CC 2014: EPUBs.
…I'm working on a layout that is a very long,…well not that long, but a long text, mainly text…document as you can see, I'll click inside one of…these frames, and select all, and it's all one threaded story.…And within this story we have a number…of sections, separated by this style, which is, subhead.…And I've already set up a style to use for the navigational table of contents…so that the text in these sub heads appears in the epub.…
Let's go ahead and take a look at that.…I'll export this to epub, under navigation I want…to go according to the name of my poc style.…I cover this in a different video.…And the main thing I want you to look at is the stuff on the left.…So if…the person's reading this book, and they choose The Gold Rush.…I would expect The Gold Rush to appear at the top of the page, right?…But it doesn't. It's down here.…That's because the navigational TLC has nothing to do.…With what are called chapter breaks.…If you want to force text to appear at the top of…a page, especially when somebody clicks the navigational table of contents entry.…
- Understanding the difference between an ebook and EPUB
- Creating an EPUB workspace in InDesign
- Managing the sequence of content
- Creating a table of contents for navigation
- Adding metadata
- Cleaning up text formatting
- Optimizing images for EPUB export
- Previewing and validating EPUB files
- Converting EPUBs to Kindle MOBI format
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 6/26/2014. What changed?
A: The author added and revised movies to reflect the June 2014 updates to InDesign's EPUB handling features, including fixed-layout support and EPUB exporting options.
Creating a Fixed-Layout EPUBwith Anne-Marie Concepción3h 18m Intermediate
InDesign CC 2014: Interactive Documentswith Mike Rankin3h 47m Intermediate
Word and InDesign: Integrationwith Anne-Marie Concepción3h 30m Intermediate
1. Understanding the Nature of EPUBs
2. Setting Up and Testing
3. Preparing the InDesign Publication for EPUB Export
4. Optimizing Text for EPUB Export
5. Optimizing Images for EPUB Export
6. Exporting InDesign to EPUB 2 and EPUB 3
7. Previewing and Validating EPUB Files
8. Converting the EPUB to Other Ebook Formats
Next steps5m 49s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.