Join Anne-Marie Concepción for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating chapter breaks based on a paragraph style, part of InDesign CS6: EPUB Kindle and iPad.
In the last video I showed how you can export an InDesign documents to EPUB and have a certain…styles like the subheads styles show up as the nav Table of Contents.…In this video I want to build on that and show you how you can get these subheads to…start at the top of the page.…To review these subheads, I'm using this style, subhead down here, and this document is just…is really short just four pages long, and we have I think three or four instances of the subheads.…
We have a TOC Style saved in this document that I created in the last video, and you…can see for yourself, if you go to the Layout menu and choose Table of Contents Styles,…it's called EPUB, and essentially just has the subhead.…Let's go to the Export EPUB dialog box press Command+E or Ctrl+E to get there really quickly.…I'm going to save this on the Desktop as Art-text and then in this dialog box you want to make…sure that the menu next to TOC Style shows the Table of Contents Style that you have created…in InDesign just for your Navigational TOC.…
- Understanding the differences between ebook formats
- Best practices for InDesign file preparation
- Managing the content flow with Layout order and the Articles panel
- Using free InDesign scripts to automate EPUB productions
- Optimizing images, charts, and tables
- Opening and examining EPUB files
- Editing important CSS and HTML tags
- Including drop caps, pull quotes, and text wraps
- Enriching your EPUBs with video and embedded fonts
- Acquiring an ISBN for ebooks
- Converting EPUBs to Kindle format (MOBI and KF8)
- Distributing ebooks with resellers and aggregators
Skill Level Intermediate
Creating a Fixed-Layout EPUBwith Anne-Marie Concepción3h 17m Intermediate
InDesign CS6 New Featureswith Anne-Marie Concepción3h 21m Appropriate for all
InDesign CS6: Interactive Documentswith Mike Rankin5h 11m Intermediate
1. Ebook Overview
What is an ebook?13m 41s
2. EPUB Production Basics
3. Preparing an InDesign Publication for EPUB Export
4. Modifying Text and Images for EPUB Export
5. Optimizing Images for EPUB Export
6. Exporting to EPUB2 and EPUB3
7. Previewing and Validating EPUB Files
8. Editing EPUB Files for Functionality
9. Editing EPUB Files for Formatting
10. Converting an EPUB to Other Ebook Formats
11. Distributing Your Ebook
Next steps4m 52s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.