Join Anne-Marie Concepción for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating an EPUB workspace, part of InDesign CC 2014: EPUBs.
…Now let's get InDesign into shape and ready for the epic exporting…to epub battle that we will be encountering in the upcoming videos.…I want to customize it and create an epub work space.…And I always tell friends and students and colleagues of mine that.…You know if you've never created your own workspace, to me…that's like if you moved into a furnished home; for example.…Maybe even the kitchen…was completed furnished and setup, and you open up…the spice cabinet and it had you know, margarine, and…allspice and nutmeg, and the parseley and the oregano and…salt and pepper stuff, that normal people use are way…in the back If you lived like that day after…day after day without ever pushing the unused spices to…the back and pulling the ones that you used most…often to the front that would be kind of dumb.…
Don't you think?…So why not take 5 minutes and rearrange some of the items and settings in end…design so that it's far easier to edit your documents and export them to And…even before I jump into the workspace part though, I have to tell you, that…
- Understanding the difference between an ebook and EPUB
- Creating an EPUB workspace in InDesign
- Managing the sequence of content
- Creating a table of contents for navigation
- Adding metadata
- Cleaning up text formatting
- Optimizing images for EPUB export
- Previewing and validating EPUB files
- Converting EPUBs to Kindle MOBI format
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 6/26/2014. What changed?
A: The author added and revised movies to reflect the June 2014 updates to InDesign's EPUB handling features, including fixed-layout support and EPUB exporting options.
Creating a Fixed-Layout EPUBwith Anne-Marie Concepción3h 17m Intermediate
InDesign CC 2014: Interactive Documentswith Mike Rankin3h 46m Intermediate
Word and InDesign: Integrationwith Anne-Marie Concepción3h 29m Intermediate
1. Understanding the Nature of EPUBs
2. Setting Up and Testing
3. Preparing the InDesign Publication for EPUB Export
4. Optimizing Text for EPUB Export
5. Optimizing Images for EPUB Export
6. Exporting InDesign to EPUB 2 and EPUB 3
7. Previewing and Validating EPUB Files
8. Converting the EPUB to Other Ebook Formats
Next steps5m 49s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.