Join Anne-Marie Concepción for an in-depth discussion in this video Cracking open EPUBs on Mac and Windows, part of InDesign CC: EPUB Fundamentals.
Adobe InDesign's aim is for any InDesign user to be able to take their layout.…Which we see here called it, little book called History of Art.…We'll be working with this file and a couple other ones.…Quite a bit in this title.…To be able to take your InDesign layout, choose, export to ePub.…And result in the beautiful ePub, without having to do…anything else, and then you just go ahead and upload this…to the iBook store, convert it to a mobi file, and you're good to go.…But, I have to tell you that in some cases,…you're going to want to actually look inside of the ePub.…
You're going to want to see what is inside here.…For example, in the next video I'm going to show you the components.…Of the files that actually make up an ePub.…The reason you might want to get in there, is because you want to…make a last minute correction after it's been exported to ePub and…you can't really, you know, edit in Adobe Digital Additions or anything else.…You actually would have to crack open the ePub, and then edit the files they're in.…
- Understanding the difference between an ebook and EPUB
- Creating an EPUB workspace in InDesign
- Managing the sequence of content
- Creating a table of contents for navigation
- Adding metadata
- Cleaning up text formatting
- Optimizing images for EPUB export
- Previewing and validating EPUB files
- Converting EPUBs to Kindle MOBI format
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 6/26/2014. What changed?
A: The author added and revised movies to reflect the June 2014 updates to InDesign's EPUB handling features, including fixed-layout support and EPUB exporting options.
Creating a Fixed-Layout EPUBwith Anne-Marie Concepción3h 18m Intermediate
InDesign CC: Interactive Document Fundamentals (2014)with Mike Rankin3h 47m Intermediate
Using Word and InDesign Togetherwith Anne-Marie Concepción3h 30m Intermediate
1. Understanding the Nature of EPUBs
2. Setting Up and Testing
3. Preparing the InDesign Publication for EPUB Export
4. Optimizing Text for EPUB Export
5. Optimizing Images for EPUB Export
6. Exporting InDesign to EPUB 2 and EPUB 3
7. Previewing and Validating EPUB Files
8. Converting the EPUB to Other Ebook Formats
Next steps5m 49s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.