Join Anne-Marie Concepción for an in-depth discussion in this video Converting local formatting to styles, part of InDesign CC 2014: EPUBs.
…We're looking at a very short one…page document, and it looks innocent doesn't it?…Looks like everything has been styled correctly.…We take a peek into paragraph and character styles we can…see that, somebody did a good job of creating all these styles.…So, we click in one of these we can see yeah, body style looks good.…Let's export this to epub.…With the command or control E we'll save it right onto the desktop and…use our usual settings E pub 3 view E pub after exporting…under advanced we want to generate the CSS I always include the fonts.…
And turn off preserve local over rides, because…local over rides are the spawn of the devil.…They will mess you up, so you only want to use character and paragraph style text.…Click okay. Whoa!…What happened there?…well, apparently we have a case of many over rides, or some dangerous over rides.…Got this entire paragraph, apparently the actual…style is bright green Comic Sans Bold.…We had a hidden link that we didn't even know was a link here.…
Our headline got really small.…
- Understanding the difference between an ebook and EPUB
- Creating an EPUB workspace in InDesign
- Managing the sequence of content
- Creating a table of contents for navigation
- Adding metadata
- Cleaning up text formatting
- Optimizing images for EPUB export
- Previewing and validating EPUB files
- Converting EPUBs to Kindle MOBI format
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 6/26/2014. What changed?
A: The author added and revised movies to reflect the June 2014 updates to InDesign's EPUB handling features, including fixed-layout support and EPUB exporting options.
Creating a Fixed-Layout EPUBwith Anne-Marie Concepción3h 18m Intermediate
InDesign CC 2014: Interactive Documentswith Mike Rankin3h 47m Intermediate
Word and InDesign: Integrationwith Anne-Marie Concepción3h 30m Intermediate
1. Understanding the Nature of EPUBs
2. Setting Up and Testing
3. Preparing the InDesign Publication for EPUB Export
4. Optimizing Text for EPUB Export
5. Optimizing Images for EPUB Export
6. Exporting InDesign to EPUB 2 and EPUB 3
7. Previewing and Validating EPUB Files
8. Converting the EPUB to Other Ebook Formats
Next steps5m 49s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.