Join Anne-Marie Concepción for an in-depth discussion in this video Converting with Kindle Previewer, part of InDesign CC 2014: EPUBs.
…And now we get to use the magical kindle…previewer to convert our epub file to Kindle's Moby format.…It's magical because, what it means is that you can use all of your knowledge…about how epubs work to help you create…the best possible kindle book that you can.…Now you might need to at some point, open up that EPUB and edit the HTML in CSS.…But In-Design does such a great job of creating that HTML CSS in the first place.…
That you very likely won't have to do any kind of editing at all.…The kindle previewer can convert your, EPUB to KF8 format.…Kindle format eight.…There's a page on Amazon all about kindle format eight.…And you'll see that your, you use KindleGen and…KindlePreviewer, which we've been talking about.…KF8 came out a couple years ago and is Amazon's closest approximation to.…ePub3.…You see that it supports HTML five and…CSS three, which is the main thing about ePub3.…
It's based on the latest standard technologies for websites and formatting.…And, with KF8 formatting, that means that finally kindles can support…
- Understanding the difference between an ebook and EPUB
- Creating an EPUB workspace in InDesign
- Managing the sequence of content
- Creating a table of contents for navigation
- Adding metadata
- Cleaning up text formatting
- Optimizing images for EPUB export
- Previewing and validating EPUB files
- Converting EPUBs to Kindle MOBI format
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 6/26/2014. What changed?
A: The author added and revised movies to reflect the June 2014 updates to InDesign's EPUB handling features, including fixed-layout support and EPUB exporting options.
Creating a Fixed-Layout EPUBwith Anne-Marie Concepción3h 17m Intermediate
InDesign CC 2014: Interactive Documentswith Mike Rankin3h 46m Intermediate
Word and InDesign: Integrationwith Anne-Marie Concepción3h 29m Intermediate
1. Understanding the Nature of EPUBs
2. Setting Up and Testing
3. Preparing the InDesign Publication for EPUB Export
4. Optimizing Text for EPUB Export
5. Optimizing Images for EPUB Export
6. Exporting InDesign to EPUB 2 and EPUB 3
7. Previewing and Validating EPUB Files
8. Converting the EPUB to Other Ebook Formats
Next steps5m 49s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.